Chapter 3

An hour had passed since Seiya left the hospital. He stood by the shoreline of the beach, looking across the sea. Seiya often visited the beach whenever he felt depressed. The various sights and sounds of the beach put his mind at ease. He felt the seafoam gently ripple against his shoes. At the same time, Seiya watched flickering lights float above the ocean as the boats were engulfed by the night sky. The tranquil scenery of the ocean brought Seiya back to a time in life when Shiryu was by his side.

-------------------------------------------------

"Here I go, Shiryu!"

Seiya dashed towards Shiryu while moving his right arm to the side of his back. Seiya's feet kicked back puffs of sand. He bent his elbow to a 90-degree angle, as he tried to balance his lighting fast speed with his substantial strength.

However, Shiryu's sharp eyes quickly noted Seiya's swift moments. Shiryu knew that he didn't have enough time to strike a counterattack. At least, not yet.

Seiya watched Shiryu lift his arms above his chest. The impact of Seiya's punch was so powerful that Shiryu dug his heels into the sand in order to maintain his balance.

The strength of Seiya's punch combined with Shiryu's durable defense caused a shockwave that repelled the two men backward. Seiya looked up and smirked when he saw Shiryu maintaining his protective stance after his attack.

I knew you'd do that, Shiryu! Well, that means it's time to put on the pressure!

Then, Seiya eagerly leaped toward Shiryu and started to repeatedly punch Shiryu's arms. Shiryu tightened his arms while withstanding Seiya's swift punches. Shiryu felt his body steadily move back as Seiya's punches still were just as strong as they were fast.

When Shiryu glanced at Seiya, he knew that Seiya would not stop his attack anytime soon. Whenever Seiya's eyes lit up with passion, Shiryu could tell that Seiya's determination was unshakable.

Shiryu observed his arms, which were feeling increasingly numbed by each punch.

This isn't working, if I don't find an opening soon, then I will be in a losing battle...

However, in spite of Seiya's advantage, his hands were also becoming numb due to Shiryu's persistence in guarding. His punches were getting slower and less powerful, which made Seiya become impatient.

Man, I feel like my arms are going to fall off, but no matter how many punches I throw, he is keeping his stance!

Then Seiya grinned as he came to a realization.

Wait! If I find a way to throw him off, I can upset his defense! Alright, it's time for plan B!

Seiya turned his arm far back, while clenching his fist tight. However, Seiya body language changed when he got close to Shiryu. He put his arm down and lifted his right leg up, targeting Shiryu's arms.

Shiryu was caught off guard by Seiya's change of attack. Just then, Shiryu jolted when saw a mysterious flash that went across his eye. However, his gut knew that it wasn't something he could sense from his eyesight but something else all together.

Whatever it was, Shiryu went into a zen-like state. All his other senses were muted as if Shiryu's body moved on his own without any sort of awareness.

Seiya grinned as he watched Shiryu's arms drop his defensive stance. However, Seiya gasped in shock when his leg suddenly froze. Seiya looked down and saw that Shiryu stopped his kick by holding his leg with his two hands.

Before Seiya knew it, Shiryu tossed Seiya into the air swiftly. Feeling disoriented by the fall, Seiya clumsily turned his body upside down, causing him to land on the sand with his right hand. But his hand slid on the ground, causing him to faceplant.