Chapter 1

Ever since Shiryu left the surgical room, the day stood at a standstill

Seiya was having great difficulty processing the team's reconnaissance to Greece. As soon as he was set free from being turned to stone, he realized that Shiryu blinded himself in order to save him and Shun. When he first learned about Shiryu's sacrifice, Seiya was overwhelmed by a wave of guilt. Although hours had passed since then, Seiya's feelings remained the same.

Sitting at Shiryu's bedside, Seiya reached his hand out and firmly held Shiryu's hand. He turned down his head and glanced at Shiryu's face. Shiryu was breathing lightly as he was still asleep from the anesthetic. While looking at his face, Seiya noticed that his blank expression had not changed since Shiryu underwent surgery. Seeing Shiryu in this dull state was emotionally painful for Seiya. It was as if his heart sensed Shiryu's sorrow.

Seiya sighed and started stroking Shiryu's hand gently. Although Seiya was unable to speak to Shiryu, he hoped he could at least console him with warmth. Seiya remembered the moments were Shiryu would comfort him during difficult times, by showing some kind of physical affection. He felt drawn to return the same kind of love Shiryu gave him. Suddenly, Seiya's eyes began to water.

Shiryu, I'm sorry that you made this sacrifice for us... You're always putting your life on the line for me, so I can live on... Somehow, I'll make it up to you... I swear!

Suddenly, Shun entered the hospital room. When he saw Seiya holding Shiryu's hand, Shun had a concerned look on his face. He took a deep breath and spoke.

"Seiya, I'm sorry for interrupting, but the hospital is closing its visiting hours soon... We need to go back home for the night."

Seiya gasped as he felt himself returning to reality. He glanced at the clock and sighed as he noticed that it was almost 11 pm. Looking back at Shun, he gave a slow nod.

"It's okay Shun, no need to worry... I just need to stay here for a minute. I'll meet you at the lobby."

"Alright, Seiya. I'll go back and tell the others," replied Shun.

"Sounds good. Thanks, Shun."

Soon afterward, Shun left the room. Seiya glanced at Shiryu, while still holding Shiryu's hand. Seiya bowed his head down while closing his eyes.

"Shiryu, I'm going home now. I'll be back as soon as I can..."

Feeling hesitant to leave, Seiya gently let go of Shiryu's hand. He got up from his chair and stretched his arms. He must have been sitting on that chair for hours. Before Seiya left Shiryu's room, Seiya turned back to Shiryu with a sullen expression.

I know things will get better in the end. We faced many hardships before... Stay strong, Shiryu...

Shun and Hyoga were sitting next to each other on a bench, waiting for Seiya in the lobby. Shun sat there quietly, leaning down, placing his fingertips against each other, while Hyoga sat there with his arms crossed. Sympathetic about Shun's grief, Hyoga turned his attention towards Shun and the silence.