Marlene pursed her lips and bluntly stared at my chest.
"Hmm, you've got a point."
She turned around again and continued to rummage through her clothes.
"Uuh." She took out a grey top. "This will suit your eyes nicely. And with this," she grabbed a red skirt with a grey tartan, "You'll be the prettiest girl  on the concert."

I doubted that, since a), I was me, and b), Marlene would definitely get that title. It didn't matter what she was wearing, she was just a beautiful young woman.
She had naturally really fair blond and beautifully wavy hair that always contrasted her dark but warm chocolate coloured eyes. She was tall and skinny and had a heart of gold.

I was rather small, definitely not as skinny as Marlene, just average, and with eyes that couldn't decide which colour they wanted to have. Same went for my hair, not to mention that it was abnormally straight, lied flat on my skull and had absolutely no volume, which I hated.
That was partially the reason why I almost always used my braiding charm to make my hair look less boring.
Today it was braided to the back my head, sort of looking like a little wreath. That way, it wouldn't get stuck on my neck in case I started to sweat.

"Thanks," I still mumbled with a blush forming on my cheeks. I took the clothes from her. "Won't this be too big for me?"

Marlene scoffed. "What do we have magic for? Just put it on, then we'll see where we've got to make it smaller or tighter or whatever. You know where the bathroom is, right?"

I nodded and made my way over to it. In there, I checked my hair again and put on the clothes. To my surprise, it actually did look quite good on me. Just the top was a little too big, but I liked that the skirt went to my knees.

Smiling, I returned to Marlene, who was now wearing a blue (slightly) cropped top with bell-bottomed trousers.
"Look at you, gorgy hun!" She grinned.
"Look at you!" I replied, really really flustered. "You look amazing!"

"Aw, thanks." She grabbed a jacket and thew it at me. "I found the jacket that matches you skirt."

I looked at it. It really seemed to be made of the same fabric.

Marlene clapped her hands giddily. "Can I do your make-up now? I've already got mine."

I didn't even try to suppress my smile. Fact was, that I basically never used make-up, except for some mascara from time to time.
It wasn't because I didn't like make-up, but because I didn't know how to do it and I didn't know what products I'd have to get. I'd tried it sometimes, using Mum's or Francisca's stuff, but it had always looked horrible.
"Sure," I grinned. I was excited what Marlene was gonna come up with.

"Then let's get back to the bathroom," Marlene announced and pushed me back through the door. "Do you have any special wishes?"

"Uhm. I don't know, actually. I trust you. Just get rid off the eye bags."

"Will do, will do."

After we'd bewitched my clothes to fit me better, and after Marlene used what looked like all of her make-up supplies on me, she handed me a mirror.

My jaw slightly dropped when I looked into the mirror. The girl definitely looked like me, but... pretty. Just pretty.
My skin looked smooth, my eyes had a pretty dark eyeshadow and my usually short lashes looked longer and darker than usual. Still, it looked natural, just how I liked it.
"Wow, this is perfect Marls, thank you so much!"

"For you always." She smiled. "Yeah, I've really outdone myself. Not that you needed it, though."

I inwardly rolled my eyes, but the grin wouldn't dissappear. "You're the best."

"I know." Marlene nodded happily. "And you are, too. We're a power duo, understood?"

I nodded until she looked satisfied with me.
"Alright. Now, are you ready to rock this concert?"