Moonbli - Midnight Sands

This part takes place on Moon's hatching day, or (for those unfamiliar with Wings of Fire) Moon's birthday. The fanart is not mine, isn't it awesome? Enjoy!

Qibli: |in the sleeping cave he shared with Winter| *pacing back and forth, brainstorming out loud* I want to do something awesome for Moon tonight. *has idea* I know! *dashes off to find three particular dragons*

Kinkajou: |in the hallway near her sleeping cave|*walking toward her sleeping cave with Turtle and Winter*

Qibli: *dashing down the hallway* Kink! Turtle! Winter! *skids to a stop, panting*

Kinkajou: Yeah Qibli? What's up?

Qibli: *catches his breath, smiles* I need your help to do something great for Moon's hatching day.

Winter: *smirks* Called it.

Turtle: *grins* We'll help you Qibli. Just tell us what to do!

-Time Lapse-

Moon: |in her sleeping cave|*writing in her journal, narrating out loud* 

"It has been a long day. My hatching day was today, but was still awful. Only Kinkajou celebrated with me. I was really hoping Qibli would do something or at least wish me happy hatching day, but he either didn't know or didn't care. All in all, today I was lonely. Even though it was my hatching day. Worst. Hatching Day. Yet."

Moon: *closes the journal, sighs* 

Kinkajou: *bursts into the sleeping cave, flashing magenta and lemon yellow* Moon! There you are! *grabs her arm* Come on! We're late! *drags her toward the door*

Moon: *totally stunned by the assault on her eyes* What in the three moons is going on????

Kinkajou: *pulling frantically* Just come on! You'll see when we get there!

Moon: *decides to just go with it* Okay, okay, I'm coming!

Kinkajou: *flies with Moon all the way to the rainforest, flies up above the trees, then scans her surroundings as if watching for something*

Moon: *totally confused* What is going on Kink?

Kinkajou: *startled* Oh my moons, I forgot to blindfold you! 

Moon: *incredulous* Blindfold me? You're kidding, right?

Kinkajou: *slices off a nearby vine and quickly ties it around Moon's face*

Moon: *angry* KINKAJOU! WHAT IN THE THREE MOONS IS GOING ON!?!?!

Kinkajou: *lands on the tree canopy, leads Moon forward for a bit* Okay, stop. Keep your eyes closed. *takes off blindfold* Now, open your eyes.

Moon: *opens eyes, awestruck* Wow.....

The tree canopy has been transformed into the coolest chill spot ever. There is a table with pink candles and several comfy pillows and blankets scattered all over the tree canopy. All of it is facing the stunning sunset.

Moon: *slowly twirls around, taking it all in* What in Phyrria...

Qibli: *bursts out of a pillow pile* HAPPY HATCHING DAY!!!!!

Moon: *face lights up* QIBLI????

Qibli: *busts into a dance combo, singing "Happy Birthday" really off-key* 

Moon: *laughing really hard* 

Winter and Turtle: *fly in from out of nowhere, join in the singing*

Kinkajou and Moon: *join the loud singing*

Everyone: *singing at the top of their lungs* HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOO YOOOOOUUUUU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO YOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOONWATCHER!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOO YOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Moon: *after the song is done, tears in her eyes* No way. You guys did all of this, for me?

Kinkajou: *tackles Moon with a hug* Know anyone else named Moon? Seriously though, it was Qibli's idea! Go thank him!

Moon: *goes over and gives Qibli a big hug* 

Qibli: *tries and fails to hide his huge smile*

Moon: *whispers to herself* I thought you forgot.

Qibli: *hugs her even harder* I would never forget. *bashfully kisses her cheek* Not about someone as important as you.

Aaaand, I've got nothing else. Gotta admit, this took me forever to finish. I got writer's block about halfway through. So sorry y'all had to wait so long!

-GV