Derek - Sister Crush

Request from @a-woman-with-claws-and-fangs on Tumblr.
Reader has a crush on Derek but thinks he likes her sister Meredith. Instead it's in fact the opposite he likes the reader.

Having a sibling is fun when you're little and sometimes when you're an adult. But it hurts when you're sister flirts with the surgeon you're crushing on. Derek Shepherd is obviously attractive. Our friends labeled him as Mcdreamy and it suits him entirely. We'd seen each other outside of the hospital but he's always around my sister Meredith. I'm practically in her shadow with her since she's a year older than me. Our mother the best surgeon in Seattle Grace is what we have to live up too. Mer takes all the weight that our mother is sick so I can have a better life with less worries. Finishing my braid I see him reading charts of patients. "Hey Der." I waved his way using the nickname that brings a grin to his face. "Hey Y/n. How about we go out for drinks later?"

Just as I'm about to respond my sister jogs up to us smiling at him. "Hey Derek, drinks at Joe's with me tonight?" Bawling my hands into fists I feel angry towards her. She flirtingly twirls some of her hair. He closes his chart smiling but turning it down. "Sorry Meredith I've got labs to finish." She rolls her still following on his heels still trying a couple more times just today. She's unbelievable sometimes. Rumor spreading around the hospital is that she slept with him the day before our first days as interns and she can't let him go. I've never had a real boyfriend spending time watching mom's old surgery tapes, wanting to pour everything I can into this job like my mother would have.

Later that morning I'm re-reading notes for the intern exam in a few weeks until a coffee cup is placed in front of my book. Glancing up from the pages I see Derek standing above me. "What's this for?" He replied with a date I vaguely remember. "Friday, November 19. I met a woman who amazed me with her head buried in a medical book. Sitting at a table in the window of the coffee shop on the corner by Joe's bar." Tilting my head in confusion I sit the book down resting my head in the palm of my left hand. "Is there significance to that date, Dr. Shepherd?" He aims his index finger at me warmly, joining on me on one of the couches in the waiting room.

"Yes, just listen to me. This girl and I got our drink orders messed up so we had to switch. It was when I learned of her name and that her favorite drink from there was..." He trails off resting his chin on his hand with a perfect smile. "Hot chocolate..." I spoke taking a sip of the drink feeling the delicious flavors on my tongue. Parting my lips in shock I whip my head looking into his eyes. "I can't believe you remember the first time we met." He reaches over with his freehand tucking a fallen hair from my braid behind my ear ever so slowly. "Of course I remembered. I couldn't get you out of my head Y/n."

I feel a light blush creep up my cheeks but can't shake the feeling of how he's interacted with my sister. "You're just saying that to get me in bed." I scoff going to stand but he gently grabbed my right wrist stopping me. "No I'm not. Who gave you an idea like that?" Glancing over my shoulder at my crush I can't help think of my sister. I'd seen him come from our house the morning we became interns and he seemed pretty interested in her. "Because you're in with my sister. Derek Shepherd and Meredith Grey. The great love story of Seattle Grace." I feel tears start to slip from my eyes.

"It's only a rumor Y/n. A rumor because some workers saw us at the bar. But it's not what you think. Yes I slept with your sister, but it was the one time." He gets to his feet trying to explain the situation as I wipe away tears still not believing him. "The only time I've seen her outside the hospital was at Joe's to ask her about you. The things you like, don't like and if I could ask you out..." He slowly cupped my face in his hands leaning my head to his to give me a kiss.

Fighting my better judgment my hands wrapped around his neck kissing back. He sure knows how to kiss a girl that's for sure. "It's you, it's you Y/n Grey. I want you and only you." He breathes out breaking the kiss smiling lovingly down at me. My heart skips a beat at the realization. Derek Mcdreamy Shepherd actually likes me back. "You know they'll spread rumors about us too, Der." I whispered glancing to my feet. Especially among our friends that's for sure.

"Let'em spread baby. I have you in my arms that's all that matters. Now will you go on a date with me." He rests one hand on my hip, his left hand still resting on my cheek. I released a giggle pulling his lips onto mine for a quick kiss. "You could've asked me the day we met and the answer would've been yes. It'll always be yes, Derek Shepherd." He grins capturing his lips with my own pulling me closer to his chest.

Comment and vote
Requests are open :)