Mark - Engaged Intern

Request from @stellarosedutton on Tumblr.
Y/n Karev and Mark have been dating for awhile. To everyone's shock he asks for her hand in the place they met the day she became an intern. (My very first Grey's anatomy request 😊)

Relationships. You'd think they'd be hard to keep them when you're an intern and you're boyfriend's a surgeon. That's not the case when it comes to me and Mark Sloan. Walking in the hospital with my brother Alex I replied looking at my schedule for the day. "I'll meet you for lunch later bro." He plants a kiss to my forehead. Seconds after I feel hands cover my eyes hearing Mark's voice in my ear. "Guess who correctly and you'll win a prize." A giggle escapes my lips spinning around to face my boyfriend. "Hmm what is the prize McSteamy?" A smirk masked his face his arms snacking around my waist. "God that's never gonna get old coming from your mouth." I smile leaning up to kiss heading off to help Derek with patients since I'm assigned to his services this week.

For a weeks when I first started my internship alongside my brother and the others Mark and I would talk about small things. I'd heard the rumors from the nurses and I swooned when Meredith came up with the nickname McSteamy. Mark asked me out during a night shift at the hospital when Alex had gone home. I love my brother but we agreed to keep our relationship a secret in fear he'd go all crazy on me dating him. Eventually he found out when Izzy accidentally found us in an on-call room, cuddling up together. Alex was protective and angry that we went behind his back but thankfully accepted it at seeing me happy.

Mark walked the halls stopping outside one of the on-call rooms. One that to anybody else is a place to sleep when there's little down time. But to him it's the place he met you, the woman he loves. It was always in the back of his mind. Especially during tough surgeries that you couldn't always help with unless you were on his services that week. He reaches into his jacket pocket finding a ring he'd recently bought. So sure you were the one for him. He just has to drop the big question and hope you'll say yes.

Rummaging through the covers I hear my pager going off frequently. I'd only meant to sleep for an hour or so but I guess I slept until I'm supposed to be preparing for surgery in 2 minutes. Bursting through the door I make my tenna shoes shriek on floor and I loose my footing. Surprisingly I don't hit the tile floor, no instead I feel strong arms securely loop around my waist holding me up. "Easy there I'd hate to see a beautiful face like yours get all banged up." A man's voice I don't recognize meets my ears. Once I'm standing up straight I lock onto brown eyes and light brown hair. "Thanks dr - um..." I trailed off at a loss.

"Sloan, Mark Sloan." The man smirked proudly. I glanced to my feet hearing a certain nickname flying around from my friends. McSteamy. A small blush on my cheeks I teased him. "So you're the famous Mcsteamy the other interns excluding my brother and George all awe about?" He raises a brow crossing his arms over his chest. "You're brother's Alex Karev?" I smile doing a princess curtsey laughing at the attractive guy. "Y/n Karev at your service." Mark sticks his hand out and I shake back. "How we go get a drink later?" He suggested and I can't resist. "Sure. But I'm not sleeping with you." He smirks once more heading to the surgical board. "That's what they all say, little Karev."

My pager goes off and it read Mark so I head down to the on-call room seeing Derek and Addison checking him out. "It looks like Mark..." Derek looks his friend up and down. "It feels like him too..." Addison grabs his stubble chin in her hands turning it from one side to another. Mark throws his hands up brushing them away seeing me from the corner of his eye. "Alright, alright get off. That's not the reason I called you both here...Y/n." A smile meets his lips as I stand a few inches in front of him. Addison and Derek have both become close friends with ne so whatever he wanted us for must be important. "You wanted to see me?" I question pushing some hair behind my ear.

"Yes I did baby. Y/n I just want to say I love you..." I smile replying back to my boyfriend. "I love you too." But what happens next surprises me. "I love you so much that I'm certain of this..." He dropped down on one knee pulling out a small blue box, opening it to reveal a ring from Tiffany's inside. "You pulled me out of my sex faise. Showed me that there's more to life than just that, even we're clearly great at it." Derek coughed into his sleeve getting his friend to focus. "Anyway I love you Y/n Karev and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" Happy tears fall down my face with my hands covering my mouth I squealed excitedly. "Yes!"

Mark gets to his feet slipping the ring on my left hand. Cupping his face in my hands I kissed him softly. "I love you Mark Sloan." He kisses me a little more deeply than I anticipated causing me to wrap my arms around his neck. "Hey now save that for the honeymoon you two." Addison taunts us making us break apart with me blushing burying my face in his shirt. "I guess I can't call you little Karev anymore huh?" He kisses my forehead. Looking up into his eyes I question. "What'll I be then Dr. Sloan?" He smirked pulling me into our old on-call room locking the door. "Mrs. Sloan sounds pretty hot." I giggled crawling ontop of him kissing my fiance passionately.

Comment and vote
Requests are open :)