t h i r t y - n i n e

b i l l i e

b i l l i e

i groaned lowly as i stirred awake. i lifted my hands to rub at my eyes.

i turned to the side. jessie was laying on their back, sprawled out as they slept peacefully. she was wearing a "virginity rocks" hoodie, which makes me laugh every time she wears it. she was wearing a pair of sweat-shorts too.

cam, somehow and for whatever reason, was laying across jj's stomach, horizontally. his stomach was on her's, while his head and legs were laid out on the bed.

i carefully adjusted him so that he was laying normally, between me and jessie. he stirred a bit, but ultimately just stayed asleep.

i slowly sat up, wincing a bit as i did. i turned to the side, carefully moving my leg before grabbing my crutches.

it's been two weeks since i've been back home from the hospital. my leg still hurts hella bad, but i guess it's not as bad as it was before. i don't have to keep it propped up anymore though, so that's good.

the past two weeks have passed by painfully slow. i mean, really the only thing i can do is just sit there all day. i'm supposed to stay off of my leg as much as i can, so i really only get up to take a shower, use the bathroom, and all
of that.

i'm still on the medicine that my doctors gave me, but i hate taking it. it makes me so drowsy, and it's annoying. more often than not though, the pain gets unbearable so i have to take it.

jessie has still been taking care of me, which i seriously can't thank her enough for. they've had to go to back to work though. while they're at work, ivy and makayla, or finneas and claudia, will come over to help me out.

jessie still doesn't have a car, so she's been taking dragon wherever she needs to go for now.

after i did everything i needed to in the bathroom, i crutched back to mine and jessie's bedroom.

oh, yeah; they moved in with me during the past two weeks.

there was just no point in her not moving in. she's already over here ninety-nine percent of the time anyways. we go half and half on the rent and everything now, which is great.

i made my way to the bed and carefully got into it. i sucked in a sharp intake of air as my leg accidentally knocked against the side of the bed while i was pulling it onto the mattress.

words cannot express how much i hate this shit.

i pressed my lips together before fully adjusting myself, taking a moment to to calm down.

i glanced to the side. cam had, once again, rolled back to laying on top of jj, though this time, his head was on her chest, and he was laying normally. they were both still sleeping soundly, and they looked adorable, as always.