Chapter 3: The real question of mystery

After the intense confrontation between Seojin and their father, Seojin temporarily stopped persuading her sister to go with her. As she knows she has been really busy these days.

------------------

Meanwhile, Shim Suryeon has been working for the whole freaking day, she was already exhausted but she loves her work more than anything. If she's tired, she only looks at her and her mother's picture frame. Every time she looks at it, she feels at ease and she feels energized again. Her secretary knocked on the door, she commanded her to go inside. "Want me to make you a coffee?" Her secretary politely asked. "No, don't worry about me. I can make my own coffee. Thank you, Ms. Kang." Suryeon said, smiling towards her loyal secretary. "You don't have to say thank you as always ma'am. This is my job and one of my responsibilities is you, you are my boss, remember?" She replied back. "*laugh* You don't have to take care of me at all, Ms Kang. I can handle myself." Secretary Kang was shocked to hear her boss laughing. She can't process the thought that the person whom she knows is very serious and only smiles if needed and can laugh like this even if just a little. "I have a question, Ms. Kang." Ms. Kang went back to her senses when Suryeon spoke up again. "What is it, ma'am? Any question, you can ask it to me."

"Your mom is still alive, right?" She asked. "Yes, ma'am. Why?" Suryeon smiled when she heard the answer. "Then you are lucky enough. You were able to be with her for a long time. " She replied and her smile slowly faded away. "Can I tell my 'a-little-background-story' to you?" Suryeon continued and Secretary Kang just listened to her. "Me and my mom were very close to each other. She is also my best friend, my playmate, my classmate, my teacher and of course she is my mother. Mom is my everything. But everything changed when my father entered the world of Politics. Mom and dad love each other so much, but because of money and power. Dad abandoned me and mom. Mom got sick and died without my father knowing about it. Because my mom left us, she left me alone inside the very big house. It was 13 years ago. She packed all her things, her clothes. I was actually holding her hand tightly, but after she packed all of her things, she let go of my hand and left the house with a painful heart. I know that she doesn't want to leave me at all. I know that she always wants to go with me and leave with me. Until I received the news that my mom got sick and she died on the cold streets of Korea. My father just knew about it after a week, no one told him. But he never cared about my mother. That's why after the day my mom was buried, I left that house and started living on my own. I worked hard, studied hard to reach the status of my life that I have right now. I never get angry with my mom for leaving me that night. I am more angry at those people who let her die on the streets without being brought to the hospital. That's why I treasure you, Secretary Kang. I promise to be as good a CEO of this company as I can." Secretary Kang listened so well that she didn't even realize that she was already tearing up. She hold Suryeon's hand and look at it. "Ms. Shim, this hand of yours, is also the hand of this no.1 company. You will always be the dangerous woman as everyone knows. You will always be a threat to the other company, but as long as this hand never touches any dirt, you have nothing to be afraid of." She added. Suryeon smiled with Secretary Kang's affirmation. "I'll hold onto that, Secretary Kang," Suryeon replied. Secretary Kang stood up and embraced her CEO tightly. "If we are not at work, Ms Shim. You can call me Unnie. Always remember that there will always be one person who will stay loyal to this company, and to the Chief Executive Officer of this company and that is Me." Suryeon smiled while she felt the warm embrace of her loyal secretary, the only family she had in the workplace she called home.

------------------------

They went back to work, and after finishing some reviews of the other document, Suryeon and Secretary Kang left the company since it's already night and they still have to go home. Suryeon dropped Secretary Kang at her house and directly went home after.

------------------------

On the other side, a man was sipping wine while looking at the documents he was reviewing. He received a call from his brother, Alex.

"Yes, bro? What's up?"

"Hey, Logan. I think you are already making dad's company as your resting place. The sales and the rank of the company drop for about 25 percent. Do you think that is still good? We might get bankrupt if you continue doing that, Logan." His brother was talking to him in an angry voice.

"Hey, calm down,bro! Chill, I have my plans. Trust me, next month we will be number one."

"Make sure, Logan. By the way, dad is here, he wants to talk to you. I thought you two already met up earlier, why does dad still want to talk to you?"

"None of your business, Alex."

"Son, are you there?"

"Yes, dad. I'm here. What do you need?"

"I need you and the company to merge with the Shimwoon Company."

"What? What the heck?! Are you sure about that? The heck, no! As I told Alex I can bring this company up again without merging with the other company!"

"Son, listen. The Shimwoon company is the biggest company in Korea and as part of the business world we have to be associated with the CEO and with that company. Be business minded, Logan. I know you are smart enough to understand what I want to point out."
*toot*toot*

Logan was about to answer back but his father dropped the phone call.

"Jeezzz! Why do I have to be associated with that woman?!" He angrily said. He throws himself to the couch and gets the bottle of wine and pours a little into his wine glass when a thought comes into his mind. This is a good idea. When I successfully merged my company to that woman's company then I can start my plan then. What a smart move, Logan. He flashes a devilish smile and smirks , crosses his legs and luxuriously drinks his wine.

--------------------

Up next.....

"Am I the one you are looking for?"

"I don't need you at all. You need me."

"Well if that's the case then you may now leave."

"Jesus.... That woman is literally a witch. But well she just hit the wrong person."