CHAPTER 3

Grimmauld Place....

It's been a while since Cassie was alone. Usually, there would always be someone by her side, her friends or her father. Today is that day. After their reconciliation at the park, Cheryl and Fleur spent time together. Cassie's happy now that Cheryl has finally gotten her family back. No matter how hard Cheryl tried to hate Fleur, Cassie and the others knew that Cheryl still cared about Fleur.

Meanwhile, Celia spends time with Cheryl's brother, Christopher, visiting the muggle zoo. They have been exchanging letters planning to visit the muggle zoo. Christopher Ezekiel Precht is the older brother of Cheryl and the heir of the Noble House of Precht. Both Celia and Christopher bond over their love of muggles and magical animals. Viktor has been grumbling about Celia spending much time with Christopher, much to Cassie and Cheryl's amusement. Cassie and Cheryl know that Viktor has a crush on their little spitfire no matter how much the said man denied it. Alec, for once, decided not to interfere with his sister's love life, talk (read threatened) Viktor to take care of Celia.

Aunt Frans and Aunt Luci have dragged Alec to accompany them to the muggle world for a bit of a shopping spree after seeing Alec spending his time sleeping in his room, not doing anything. Grabbing the chance, Uncle Leo and Uncle Mic dragged Regulus to Uncle Leo's house for their 'bonding' time. It's more like they talked about the latest gossip in the wizarding world, especially now that Cassie's status as the Heiress of House of Black is exposed to the public. (A/N Note: My hc is Regulus is a very sassy person and like to gossip (*/ω\*) )

Kreacher and three new house elves, Coco, Buddy, and Buck, were busy cleaning the house. Both Regulus and Cassie decided to lighten the burden of taking care of Grimmauld Place from Kreacher. Kreacher was upset at the thought that the new house-elf would replace his place, but after Regulus talked to the house-elf, Kreacher agreed to it.

And that's why Cassie is sitting alone in her room, fiddling with her necklace. She got a necklace as her birthday gift at Hogwarts from her papa. Except Regulus didn't send the gift. She still remembers that day; Regulus surprised her with the Black Family's grimoire as her birthday gift. 

Flashback...

"Happy belated birthday, my little star! I'm sorry I didn't send your gift when you were at Hogwart. I was trying to retrieve this grimoire from Grimmauld Place with Kreacher's help." said Regulus with a very bright smile on his face.

Cassie was shocked at her papa's claim. She pulled out her necklace (in the media) from her shirt and showed it to him.

"Papa, you already gave me this necklace. I don't need another gift, though; this grimoire is something I want. Can't wait to check all the spells in this lovely fellow!"

"Necklace? But little star, this grimoire is my birthday gift to you along with a polaroid camera that I got from the muggle world. Hey, wait! That necklace! Valkyrie used to wear it, but it went missing after she died. I tried looking for it, but I never found it."

"But papa, y-you send me this gift on the morning of my birthday. A letter explaining this necklace was Gaunt's family heirloom that mothers gave to their daughter. And mama used to wear it."

Both Regulus and Cassie went silent after that. Regulus asked for that necklace and reached for his wand. He cast a spell on it to ensure no dangerous magic on the chain. Only to find out that the necklace was clean. Regulus then decided to floo call Uncle Mic and Uncle Leo. When they arrived along with their wives and children, Regulus told them about the necklace. Aunt Luci then asked for the letter sent along with the chain from Cassie. After reading it, she pointed out that it was Regulus's name, except Regulus always includes his middle name every time he ends a letter.

(A/N Note: Credit to @riddlewhorecrux , @stiles-stark , @Eliza_Marie_Smith and @Acci0Marauders for pointing out the irregular in the letter from Book 1 Chapter 6)

After several spells making sure there were no traces of magic on the necklace, Regulus gave the chain back to Cassie. After all, the necklace belongs to the Gaunt family, and Valkyrie always wants Cassie to wear it on her 16th birthday. But they are still trying to figure out the mysterious sender's identity.

End of Flashback...

Cassie wondered who would send the gift to her. She and the others even make a board to figure out the mysterious sender's identity. And according to their board, that person must be someone who knows Valkyrie personally because how else did they get their hands on the necklace. That person also needs to know about Gaunt's family history. And not many people in the world know about Gaunt except Cassie's great uncle Morfin who killed Cassie's great grandfather and died in Azkaban. The only Gaunt that left other than Cassie and her grandpa is Tom Riddle, but it's impossible that the Dark Lord would send something like this to her for her birthday.

"Arghhh, too many questions? Even math is not this complicated! And I can't do math without having a mental breakdown. Who the fuck put letters in math? For Salazar's sake!" whined Cassie as she looked at the board in front of her.

Too many things had happened lately, not to mention a ball that she needed to organize before her seventh year started. Maybe it's time for her to write another letter to her Aunt Cissy asking for her help. And according to papa, Aunt Cissy was great at organizing an event, especially a ball. Plus, this would be great for Aunt Cissy to meet papa. She knew how her father missed his family, even Aunt Bella, even though Aunt Bella was slightly unhinged. Maybe she should think again about Aunt Bella's banishment. But for now, she should be focused on the ball because this would be an excellent opportunity for all Black family members to gather once again after Grandma's death.

"Ok! Let's write a letter to Aunt Cissy and, .... Wait GRANDMAAA!" Cassie realized something needed the answer from her grandma's portrait and ran out of her room. Leaving behind her familiar that was awake after hearing her shout before deciding to run after her.

⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳

⨳ 𝔩𝔞𝔡𝔶𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔢𝔯𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔫 ⨳