Ropes sprang from the sides of the bed, lashing around Annabeth, holding her to the mattress. Grover and Y/n tried to get up, but ropes pulled them down too. The giant looked at Annabeth then turned towards Percy.

"Almost, darn it." Percy tried to step away but his hand shot out and clamped the back of his neck, "Whoa kid. Don't worry. We'll find you one in a sec."

"Let my friends go."

"Oh, sure I will. But I got to make them fit first."

"What do you mean?"

"All of the bed are exactly six feet see? Your friends are too short. Got to make them fit. Can't stand imperfect measurements. Ergo!"

A new set of ropes leaped out from the too and bottom, wrapping Y/n's ankles then her armpits. She felt her whole body being stretched. She thought her arm would be amputated.

"Don't worry," Crusty told Percy, "These are stretching jobs. Maybe three extra inches on their spines. They might even live. Now why don't we find a bed you like huh?"

"You annoying crusty animal!" Y/n yelled, struggling through the rope, "I'm only twelve! I'll grow later!"

Crusty turned, "Oh hush now darling. I can't wait that long."

"Your real name's not Crusty is it?" Percy asked.

"Legally, it's Procrustes." he admitted.

"The Stretcher." Percy whispered.

Y/n didn't know how long she can hold the pain. She needed Percy to free her fast. But he seemed to be having a rather enjoyable business conversation with Crusty.

"Percy!" Y/n yelled, "What on earth are you doing?" She fought against the tight ropes.

"Don't mind her" Percy told Procrustes, "She's impossible."

Y/n tried to sit up, scowling at him.

The giant laughed, "All my customers are. Never six feet exactly. So inconsiderate. And then they complain about the fitting."

"What do you do if they're longer than six feet?"

"Oh, that happens all the time. It's a simple fix." he let go of Percy's neck and brought out a huge double-bladed brass axe, "I just center the subject as best as I can and lop off whatever hangs over on either end."

"Ah" Percy swallowed hard, "Sensible."

"I'm so glad to come across an intelligent customer!"

Y/n was struggling to breathe, her face was pale, her friends made gurgling sounds

"So.." Percy glanced at the sale tag on the valentine-shaped Honeymoon Special, "Does this one really have dynamic stabilizers to stop wave motion?

"Absolutely. Try it out."

"Yeah, maybe I will. But would it work even for a big guy like you? No waves at all?"

"Guaranteed."

"No way."

"Way."

"Show me."

He sat down eagerly on the bed, "No waves. See?"

Percy snapped his fingers, "Ergo."

Ropes lashed around Crusty and flattened him against the mattress, "Hey!" He yelled.

"Center him just right." the ropes readjusted themselves at Percy's command.

"No! Wait! This is just a demo."