I look at her suspiciously. "You didn't swim, right?" I know she said she likes to. Surely, she didn't swim in the freezing ocean water. Even on the coastline, it's still in the fifties outside.

She playfully glares her eyes. "No, Alyx, I didn't. I wanted to, but I also didn't want to freeze to death."

"Good. I wouldn't want you to get sick."

"Why not? You could play doctor." She brings her glass up to her lips and smirks before taking a sip. I widen my eyes at her. "Sorry." She takes a deep inhale through her nose. "Mm, I already smell the food."

I take an inhale and get hit with an incredible smell. I hear the sizzling on the grill, and my stomach growls. "Smells good, doesn't it?"

"Hella good. My mouth's watering," she says with a laugh.

Not even two minutes later, two hot plates of food are being brought our way. I thank the waitress and grab my silverware. When Amaya doesn't make a move, I look up at her to see her staring wide eyed at her plate.

"What's wrong?"

"This thing's bigger than me."

I let a laugh out. "Try it."

She grabs her fork and jabs it into the fluffy egg, breaking a piece off. She brings it up to her lips, blowing on it before eating it. I watch her eyes widen, a look of shock on her face. She swallows it and says, "Oh my god. That was the best thing I've ever eaten."

"I wasn't lying to you." I take a bite of mine and feel my taste buds dance in my mouth.

"Mmm, it's so good," she moans. "Thank you so much for bringing me here."

I smile as I watch her devour the delicious omelet. "You're welcome. We can come here as much as you'd like."

She brings her eyes up to mine. "I'll take that as a promise." She tries the hash browns and slightly moans again. "Even the hash browns are good."

"Their steak and pasta is amazing, too. I'll get one of those sometimes when I don't get the omelet."

"You'll have to bring me here one night for dinner."

"Okay." Does that mean we're going to have more dates?

We're finishing up eating when the waitress comes around and asks how everything was, to which we reply back with honesty. "That's good. Is the check separate or together?" Sandy asks with a smile.

"Together," I reply.

"Alright. I'll be right back with it." She saunters off to the register.

"You know you don't have to. I can pay for my half."

"No, I don't mind. Trust me, I want to." I hope I didn't come off too strong, but I want to. That's why I earned that money, for this exact moment.

"Alright, if you insist. I do make money, too, though. So, you don't have to think you have to pay for everything."

"I don't think that," I say, honestly. "I just want to pay for you. I asked you out, and, as the guy, I'm supposed to pay." I stop and add, "Not to sound sexist or anything."

"Okay, you can pay. I was just letting you know that I do get paid."

"You do? I'm kind of surprised he would pay you."

"He gives me enough money to stay alive, I guess. Haven't you wondered how I got my car? It was part of a deal with him. He tried blackmailing me with my mom, right, but I told him I wouldn't be able to travel around much without a vehicle. So, he caved and bought me one. My pride didn't want to take anything from him, but it's better having a car than being without one. My car's like my safe haven, as stupid as it sounds; it helps me escape from any situation I don't want to deal with."