01

✦ ╮ PROLOGUE

'STRAY KIDS HYUNJIN RUMORED TO BE SECRETLY MARRIED'

"Bull..", I spaced out for a hot minute before realization hit. "Bullshit."

All possible profanities came spitting out my mouth since. I had to sit up from the bench to double, triple check the news. I don't even know why I'm out here watching the news in the first place. Everything's in a fucking blur.

"JYP Entertainment has not yet acted on this situation. No statements were released although the rumor has been circulating for the past week."

I felt my fingertips trace on the half-moon I had pinned on my coat, listening well. It's been a habit whenever I'm on edge and anxious.

Actually, the pin used to be a keychain. It hanged on my favorite Prada hand bag. I can't go outside without it, though it looked freaking stupid because of the color mismatch.

"No! No way, mom! Look!", a young voice from behind interrupted.

I took the opportunity and continued listening to them quietly. That while acting oblivious.

Her mother's eyes squinted. "Is that the boy from the picture on your walls? What's his name again? Yu...ji? Yujin?"

"It's Hyunjin, mom", she broke with a whine. "You don't understand, as in no idea. I won't allow this. He's like supposed to marry me. I have proof! We swore on a fan call!"

"Come on, Ha-yoon. You can't seriously be thinking that."

"I thought it's you and me! Hyunjiiiiiiiiiiin!"

I could almost laugh, looking up the news again. This time, they showed Hyunjin's pictures. I've never been the type to scroll through my socials so seeing those photographs were my first. The point is his hair was cut short now, back to its natural color. Apparently in the Kpop industry it's big enough to be news worthy.

But I'm still glad they showed it. At least now, I know where I stand.

"Need help, baby?"

He nodded, slightly flustered.

I blow dried his fluffy hair and brushed it for him, occasionally brushing through it with my fingers. His eyes were half-lidded, feeling my touch well and watching me from the mirror like a kid.

"Your hair's so pretty and soft", I ruffled. "Keep it long."

He smiled, a tint of blush appearing on his cheeks. "As long as I love you, I will."

"Does that mean you'll cut it when you don't anymore?", I questioned the obvious, raising a brow.

He shrugged. "It'll probably reach the floor by then, you think?"

God, I feel like a highschooler with all this reminiscing.

"Uh, Dr. Lune."

I was startled, replying quick. "Yes?"

Naturally, the nurse was caught off guard with my reaction. It had her looking up the television to check what the hell was I watching. I was out here dying of embarrassment, Hyunjin's photos still on some slideshow. If I had the chance, I'd for real sell my kidney just to get out of this situation.

She hesitantly looked back at me. "Oh wow, I didn't know you were a Stay, Dr. Lune."

Both my eyes widened. "Me? A Stay? No."

Hell no. For the record, the only song I know's Red Lights. It's not even a title track.

I crossed my arms. "I just happened to be watching the news, Nurse Jang."

She nodded, obvious that she was still not convinced. Not at all.

I was lowkey getting annoyed. Annoyed of myself for that matter. It did not help that my ears were burning red.

"Well, I was told to inform you that you're needed in the ER."

"Right. Got it", I stood up and fixed my coat, having to meet her eye to eye. "Thanks."

"Dr. Lune, you know, if you want. As in like only if you want. I'll update you later if JYP really confirms that—."

"I'm not a Stay, Nurse Jang."

I bursted out, only getting more of the people's attention. They were looking. Especially the juniors and interns that were around. To not further be buried in humiliation, I swiftly excused myself.

On the way to the ER, I swore to brush it all off the following hour. Act like nothing happened.

But fuck.

Hyunjin was right.

I can't help but think of all the stupid shit he said.

How I'd hear from him. All the damn time.

Whether it be through his awards. His milestones. His successes. Even a new hair color. A foolish dance cover. Or just him spotted in some random place. Literally even the littlest shit that'll happen to his life. Though I try to shut down every bone in my body, close all my doors, make myself deaf of it all. I will still be aware.

In the end, I'd be the one in shreds.

In pangs of conscience.

In regrets.

All that while he's out there, living his happiest. Hearing nothing about me.