He rubs at the bruised colour of his eyebags as he shifts through the bag in front of him for a shirt.

Being late wasn't a good look, but it was a nice social reprieve to arrive just as everyone had finished getting changed. It saved him from the ruckus of teenage boys.

Yes, ironic in any way you look at it.

The creaking of a door pushes open from behind just as Kenma shrugs a shirt down over his torso.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone was still here".

Kenma's eyes drag over to the entrance where Kuroo stands rigidly.

He looks as if he's just been caught downstairs at 2:00am with hunger in his stomach and the light of the fridge on his scared face.

"I hope you don't think getting changed into the team's uniform is customary" Kenma says slowly, curious of his intentions.

"But then how else would I be accepted by the tribe?" Kuroo wisecracks with a toothy grin.

When all Kenma does is stare back at Kuroo, though he really doesn't mean to, Kuroo steps further into the room.

"Sooo the secret here is that this used to be my old club room" Kuroo began to talk as he wandered the room.

Kenma took notice of the way his eyes scoured the floors intensely.

"I'm not keeping a secret" Kenma narrows his eyes, zipping up his bag.

"No! Of course not" Kuroo turned to look over his shoulder where he was crouched down by a locker.

"Do you think I'm an oversharer? Oh god.... do I look like the kind of person who over-shares?" his eyes widened.

"One time my professor saw me in the hallway and when I tried to call out to him, he turned on his heel and started running?".

"I think you look creepy right now. What are you doing?" Kenma mused.

"As I was saying!" Kuroo held up a finger.

"This was my old club room before I transferred schools. But before I left, I kinda remember being in this room when I lost my...uh...when I lost my tamagotchi".

Kenma's stomach pulls inwards with a wheezing inhale.

It divulges into giggling laughter and hides his face in the crook of an elbow.

The image in his head of a little tamagotchi with a keychain hanging onto Kuroo's shorts. .

It's evidently a laughable image.

Kuroo's face falls flat. "I shouldn't have said anything, ugh. Especially not to you".

Kenma's laughter dies down. Suddenly he's self-aware of the whole situation. Kuroo seems to have a warped impression of him already. Something dolefully common.

"Why especially not me?" Kenma decides to ask despite the sickly tugging in his stomach.

"Are you joking?" Kuroo's eyebrows pitch up on his forehead. "You seem really cool".

Kenma decides that those words will be the first and last time he'll ever hear them.

"You have so many piercings in your ears. You're quiet but daunting! I'm shaking in my boots, really. If I were walking down the street, I'd probably be scared that you'd insult me for being the peasant I am".

Kuroo paused, looking as if he were reevaluating the last part of his sentence.

But he seemed to be sticking with it as he shrugged, eyes falling back to look at the blonde's face.