Chapter-3:

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known."- Charles Dickens

I paced the living room, anxious as to what was happening.
The Deviants were back?! Those dark creatures?
How? More importantly, why didn't we know? Sprite was still sleeping, whereas I had woken up and made breakfast. Sersi had called up, saying that Kingo, Ikaris and her were landing in Paris, and we were supposed to meet them there at noon.

"Morning, Ave. Ooh, is that bacon?" She said excitedly. "Bacon and pancakes. Ave, you're a lifesaver." She mumbled eating both.

"Sprite, I need to tell you something. It has both good news and bad news. Can you take it?" I asked gently. 
"Yup. Good news first." 
"We're gonna meet the rest of the Eternals!" I said.
She looked apprehensive and asked the next question.

"Bad news."
"The Deviants are back," I muttered. 

She was silent. Glaring at the food, she turned invisible, and walked away, the plate of food hovering in her hands. I knew exactly where she was. After centuries with Sprite as my best friend, you learn to see that silhouette, where it seems like air is pushing against something. 

"WE JUST GOT RID OF THOSE IDIOTS!" She screamed, throwing the empty plate in the basin. "WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM?! ALL I'VE WANTED FOR THE PAST THREE BILLION YEARS WAS TO GO BACK TO OLYMPIA! I JUST WANNA GO HOME." She slowly turned visible, and she started sobbing quietly. 

"Ssh, shh, it's ok, I'm here," I said to the sobbing figure, crumpled up in my arms. 
There was nothing else I could do, except hold her close.

I haven't ever left her, and I wouldn't start today.
No matter what.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted Sersi, Ikaris and Kingo. "Who's the dude?" Sprite asked. 
"Be nice," Kingo warned. "This is...Karun! He's my valet. You know, when we first met, he thought that I was a vampire, and he stabbed me in the chest with a wooden stake!" 

"Sir I have apologised about that so many times" Karun pleaded.
"Um, many, but not enough. I'll tell you when you're close though." he smiled.
Typical Kingo.

"Hi, Ikaris," Sprite muttered, shying away from the tall man. "Hello. Anyways, we must be on our way. We have to go to Ajak. She'll know what to do." 

We all clambered back into the jet, awkwardly standing. Well, everyone except for Kingo. He was chatting with Karun. "Say hi." A camera was close to my face, and two people were behind it. 

"Hi."

"Okay, now tell me about your power," Kingo said. 
"Umm...I can make teleportation holes, kinda like Doctor Strange, except that the maximum distance is 1 km and doesn't break through the space-time continuum" I muttered.  

"Okay, act cheerful next time, and we'll circle back to you"

"You are about to meet my fellow eternal, Sprite. Sprite, tell them about yourself." Karun shoved the camera to Sprite, and she flipped him off and disappeared. They muttered something and went away. "Badass," I muttered, feeling Sprite sit next to me.