【Chapter 24】

Start from the beginning

"Ban, that's enough." Immediately rising from her seat (Y/N) faced the angered Ban, her eyes dim as she stealthily gestured for both Izuku and Denki to step away, which they did after some reluctance. Glancing over at (Y/N) with perplexed eyes, Ban pondered to himself why she would ever want to defend a species that was so commonly shunned throughout the world that they knew; half-breeds.

Even if he was to be born as a full-blooded demon, the extent of hate that he would have suffered wouldn't have been equaled to that of what he would receive if he was of half-blood. No race would ever want such a disgrace.

Tsking at what she said, Ban spun away from her, neglecting her words as he went back to spitting in Shinso's face. "Listen here, you freak! Go back to where you came from and never come back! You're nobody but a humiliation to your kind! Just imagine being discarded by the demon race, the evilest of the evil! You should just die." Hissing in his face once more, the jealousy that he held in his heart from the minute that he stepped down the stairs and saw the both of them hug too closely made him want to murder Shinso in the worst ways imaginable; perhaps, slowly, if he felt like it that day.

Angered by how her friend was treating Shinso (Y/N) immediately seized Ban by his silver locks and hurled him away from Shinso, yanking him towards her. Holding Shinso protectively (Y/N) growled down at the slumped Ban, her sharp canine teeth revealing as her (E/C) eyes lit up, revealing that the woman was getting ready to attack.

"Ban! I already forewarned you, so lay off!" Not wanting to get into further conflict with her friend (Y/N) huffed and took Shinso by the hand only for her to recoil back in pain as her necklace burned her heart making her let go of his hand and walk towards Meliodas while trying to suppress her torment. "(Y/N), I think Ban had a right to behave that way. You didn't even give us an appropriate explanation for why you even led someone like him here. You have already taken two, so why more?" Meliodas asked her, tilting his head in confusion as he beckoned her to sit next to him, on which she did obediently.

Feeling the agony slowly go away (Y/N) exhaled a sigh of relief, the strain in her shoulders leaving. "I'm sorry, Meliodas, everyone, I should have explained-"

"No, you shouldn't." Freezing in slight fear (Y/N) glanced up as she saw Shinso smugly walk over towards Meliodas, his arms crisscrossed as he glowered down at Meliodas in annoyance. Hearing this, Meliodas cocked a brow, his hatred increasing as a smile spread across his face.

"Oh, is that so?" Meliodas queried, grinning naively at the male as the only thing that (Y/N) could do was just stay silent and wither away as best as she could. At that moment (Y/N) almost whimpered in dread as she felt the load of resentment and antagonism that Meliodas had for the male entering her brain as the necklace continued scorching her skin, troubling her every second. Even if she could heal quickly from injuries—and with some blows not affecting her—she could still feel pain.

Staring on at the scene, King scoffed, noticing his Captain's unwise jealousy to be foolhardy. "Captain, I don't see why you want to even engage in conflict with someone that (Y/N) tends so genuinely for. Let her do whatever she wants; get as many people to take care of as she wants. Besides," Chewing the turkey leg that (Y/N) hunted down for him, King swallowed it noisily. "we can kill him any day."

Unnerved by what her comrade had just said (Y/N) spun her head to look at him, boggled by what he had just said. "King! Never think you could do such a thing to-"

"King's right. We can't just let anyone waltz in here when everyone in Britannia wants our heads!" Hawks spoke up, his face dotted with fragments of bread as he tried to dishearten Shinso—which didn't work. Laughing softly at Hawk's attempt to be defensive of his friends (Y/N) still shook her head.

"No, he has no reason as to conspire against us. I trust him with my whole soul, and I wish for you all to do the same." (Y/N) pleaded only for the various sins to look away and shake their heads. "(Y/N), don't trust that guy so simply!" Diane expressed through the window, her eyes blazing down at Shinso just like everyone else there.

"Now," Flinging an arm around her shoulder (Y/N) immediately tensed up, this making Ban chuckle. "as much as I'm hurt for you pushing me away like that, I can forgive you, because it wasn't your fault. It was his." Pointing an accusing finger towards Shinso, said male scowled down at him, his neck still feeling sore on how rough he was being with his shirt, making the tough material rub against his skin more than it used to.

"L-Lady (Y/N), while I'm ecstatic whenever you're delighted, I don't think this is the right way. This is far too dangerous. I say you just remain with the two that you have now and-"

"Three, you mean, Elizabeth. I have three now." (Y/N) corrected her, her harsh gaze making Elizabeth swoon. 'How charming!'

Seeing how Elizabeth behaved because of (Y/N) correcting her, King tsked, sipping down his beer as he remained glaring at the relaxed half-demon. 'I don't like him. He's too close.' King thought, frowning behind his wooden mug as his eyes continued scrutinizing him.

Continuing smiling at the scene, Meliodas loudly clapped his hands, making everyone look at him, including Izuku, Denki, and Shinso. "King, you're right!" Meliodas proclaimed this surprising King.

"I am?"

"Yes, you are! While we don't trust any of the three... peculiar people that (Y/N) has brought in as of late, they are nothing but humans—and a half-demon—so there's nothing to worry about power-wise. We'll be fine. So as long as you three don't mess up," Meliodas looked over at the other three with a threatening expression as he said that. "everyone is going to be happy. Especially my little (Y/N)!" Meliodas squealed in thrill as he jumped behind (Y/N) making Ban fall for the second time.

"Now, who's ready to go to the Vaizel Fighting Festival?!"

(ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)