Chapter IV: Petty is my middle name

Mulai dari awal

"Got it," I nodded.

I had a quick conversation with them, on what they have planned for the day. After a while, they said their goodbyes and left.

I washed my plate and mug and put them away. It was really nice of them to make me breakfast because I had very little groceries.

Walking into the living room I noticed glasses and red plastic cups everywhere. My mother would have a heart attack if she saw the state this room was in.

I pulled open the curtains that probably hadn't been opened for 20 years. I picked up the plastic cups and put them in the trash. The guys weren't recycling but I thought I could put two more bins here so they could start. It's never too late.

I packed up the dishwasher with glasses and mugs I found all over the first floor. And took out the trash, as well as checked the mailbox while I was at it. A couple of letters had been in there. I laid them out on the dining room table no one uses.

The house was starting to look cleaner. As I folded up the blankets in the living room, I felt a gaze at the back of my head.

Theo was just standing there like a creep.

"You want something or are you going to have a staring contest with the back of my head?" I asked him over my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" he completely ignored my question.

"Folding a blanket?" I lifted into his line of sight.

"Why?"

"Because it wasn't folded," I deadpanned.

"You are very annoying," he mumbled under his breath.

"You talking to yourself or me?" I turned to face him with a slight smirk on my face.

"I was actually talking to the ghost of Abraham Lincoln but whatever," he scoffs and walks off to the kitchen.

"There's mail on the dining table if you want to check for something that might be for you," I pointed at the stack.

"Thanks but I don't get mail," he pulled stuff out of the fridge to make a sandwich, he gave me another look.

"Tampa bay lightning? Do you know what that even is or did your boyfriend lend you a shirt?" he laughs under his breath.

"It's my brothers, not that it should matter. And yes, I'm aware they're a hockey team. One of the top-ranking ones even, plus it's my favorite team" it was my and Spencer's favorite.

"Whatever you say, Ivy" he shakes his head.

"Are the rest of the boys already gone?" he nods his head at my question.

"Except JJ and Dean," I add. He nods again.

"Now leave me alone, I'd like to enjoy some quiet," he's still making his sandwich.

"What's got your panties in a twist all the time, Gray?" I quirked a brow at him while turning on the full dishwasher.

"5'3 girls with an attitude that don't know when to shut up," he smiled at me sarcastically.

"I'm 5'7 but thank you, kind sir, I try," I was going to make this day miserable for him just because he used me as a shield.

"Why are you bothering me? Weren't you playing housewife?" he drops his plate on the kitchen island and starts to eat.

"I was aiming more towards mommy, but I guess housewife works too," he chokes on his sandwich at my words, "I'm joking, Gray."

As I head up I try to suppress the laugh that is threatening to slip. Little did he know I'm going to torture him today just because he's making me wash his car.