Chapter IV: Petty is my middle name

Start from the beginning

It's not like I didn't want to talk to them but I didn't want to hear the "That's not good enough" speeches from both of them. It wasn't doing anyone any good. It made me stressed and it made them become distant.

I could tell that sometimes they regretted saying something. But most of the time, after arguments, I felt invisible. All I wanted was for them to acknowledge that everything they said hurt. They never did and I never said anything.

That was the toxic dynamic of our family. We might've been the perfect one in other people's eyes, but it was completely different when there were no cameras or watching eyes.

Moving away to college was a way of showing them that I could achieve my dreams if I really wanted to. I was a figure skater majoring in psychology like I always dreamed of. My life couldn't be closer to the one I wished for when I was 16.

When I received the letter from Ridgeview about my scholarship I was ecstatic. It had been my dream school for years. Especially when I saw my big brother living his best life here.

I knew that I had made the right choice of applying here because everything in my life was falling into place. It was like I knew what I wanted all along.

My brother was always the type to point out his emotions. Spencer praised me for everything I did well. It was refreshing after my parents.

I got out of the shower drying myself off and smiling at the thought of my brother being proud of me.

I put on new sweatpants and a Tampa Bay Lightning t-shirt. Checking myself in the mirror I lightly dried my hair and left it to air-dry.

I sorted through the boys' laundry which didn't seem like the best idea but I didn't want to waste water and electricity by just washing my sweatpants and hoodie.

The laundry bins were labeled with all of their names. Probably West's touch. I sorted through the bins picking out all the black laundry.

Note to self: It looks like Theo owns only grey, black and white clothing.

I put everything in the wash and added my lavender softener in hopes that none of them hate it. But if they do, it's good revenge for dumping that smoothie on me.

I checked the time and realized it was only 5:51 am. I decided that I'd occupy myself with some chores around the house.

Cleaning was always a good way to get out of my head. I used to do it a lot when I was still in high school.

As I made my way downstairs I made mental notes of all the messes over the rooms that I could clean up. But the first thing I needed was breakfast and coffee.

"Looking fresh, Ivy," West tried to persuade me.

"Here, we made coffee for you, here's sugar and milk, if you want any. And we made you some avocado toast," Levi put a plate in front of me, along with the mug.

"Trying to kiss my ass?" I cocked my head to the side in amusement.

"No. Yes. Maybe. I'm sorry," Levi hung his head.

"Don't worry, you're forgiven," I chuckled, "Did you two at least settle it?"

"Yeah, we talked it out while mopping up the smoothie," West sipped on his drink.

"Why the hell were you up at 5 in the morning anyway?" I was still shocked at how early it was.

"All of us usually go on a run, today we fought instead," Levi sighed.

"Well, at least it's all good now. How about you tell me how do I tell your clothes apart?" I bit off a piece of toast. It was really good.

"It's sown into the inside usually. West has his initials on the neckline, I have mine on the sleeves," Levi put away pans and dishes.