Ariana Isabelle Caliente

Start from the beginning

I walked around the courtyard and greeted the guests, thanking them for coming and accepting their congratulations graciously. I grabbed two bottles of chilled Corona from an ice-cooler and headed over to the stone bench where Letty was leaning back against the wall and watching Tony get slaved around by my aunt and mom. 
"Now you know what I grew up with" I stated and handed her one of the bottles as I settled down next to her, she grinned at me and lifted the corona to her lips. 
"See, there's just something so good about seeing a tough guy like your cousin get bossed around by two small women." I laughed and nodded my consent. 
"Very true, it's even more funny when he does something stupid and knows his going to get yelled at for it. I promise you, nothing scares Tony more than my aunt when she's pissed." Letty chuckled and glanced at me. 

"Congrats chica, how does it feel to be a certified lawyer? Ready to start fighting crime yet?" I rolled my eyes and leaned back against the wall with a sigh, closing my eyes from the heavy sun. 
"I'm a boring kind of lawyer Letty, the financial kind. Pays good though if I'm lucky enough to get a job in a large company." she snorted and I peeked one eye open to find her checking out my legs. 
"Show up for an interview like that and you'll get every job you want." 
"What's that supposed to mean, do I look like a slut or something?" I demanded slightly offended and she snorted, her dark hair framing her face in thick heavy waves. 
"You say that like it's a bad thing" she grinned and I couldn't help but smile a little. Letty knew how to rile me up and I always fell into her traps, blame it on my latina blood, I couldn't help it. 
"I want to be professional, not a slut" I told her quietly and she turned her eyes away from whatever she was looking at and turned back to me again. 
"I know, and you're not a slut, sexy, but not a slut." I laughed and lifted my beer to my lips, looking up at the sound of cursing and heavy steps to see my dad and Carlo hauling several boxes of wine with them. 
"Jesus, it's going to be a freaking rumble tonight." I muttered and Letty arched a brow and I just shook my head. 

"Tony, get over her you big idiot! We need some help with this shit!" Carlo called out and I laughed as my aunt Maria whipped the back of his head with an apron and scolded him for his cursing. 
"God, I love your aunt" Letty grinned as we both stood to offer our help. 
"Yes, she's something alright" I agreed. 

"You guys need some help?" My father waved me off and told us to stay away, heavy lifting was for the men. I swear, sometimes my dad forgets we live in the 21st century with his gender crap.
"Come on, I think you're mom needs some help in the kitchen." Letty sighed and I huffed as I turned to follow her.
"Why the hell can't the guys help in the kitchen, I'm perfectly capable of carrying a few cases of wine." Letty shot me an amused look and I sighed before slipping into a soft smile, both of us chuckling quietly as we entered the kitchen.

"Mamá, qué necesita un poco de ayuda?" My dads italian and my mom is spanish so I got the best of both worlds kind of, I speak both italian and spanish fluently, I'm very proud of my heritage.
"Ni hija, this is your day, go talk to some people." she ushered us out of the kitchen and I huffed in annoyance, I didn't like not having anything to do, that wasn't anything like me. 

"Go back inside again" both me and Letty came up short as Carlo and Tony blocked our path and I frowned up at them, because seriously those guys towered over me like the freaking eiffeltower and I wasn't even a small woman.
"Your aunt sent us out" Letty said and tried to push past them only for Tony to grab hold of her hips and keep her pinned.
"Seriously, guys what's going on?" I tried to peer around Carlo but he kept blocking my line of view and it was seriously starting to piss me off.
"We just need you to stay inside for a few more minutes" Tony said quietly and kept his expression in a stony mask. I locked eyes with Letty and suddenly she shoved her elbow hard into Carlo's side, causing him to double over and giving me the opportunity to slip past him to see what the hell was going on.