31) family emergency

Skylar POV
"So how you been I heard you're getting better at dancing" I asked Nico suddenly. "Here and there I suppose" he replied back to me, and I nodded in silence.

"I'm going back to dancing you know like the completions like I used to" I told him, and he looked at me.

"You are that's great does Logan know" he asked me. "No, he was busy" I replied back to him.

"He was on a date" he asked me, and I nodded back as a yes. "Is it hard getting over him" he asked me already knowing the answer.

"Not as hard as I thought it would be but yes it's still hard, but I am the one who ended it it was my choice" I told him.

"How is everything going on with you lately you know with your family" He asked me.

"It's good Constance is doing well in school I keep in touch with her mom and Aiden has a job he loves we are back to our monthly dinners but enough about me what about you has your dad tried to contact you since" I struggled to finish my sentence.

"Since the dinner no he hasn't I made it pretty clear that he was not welcome in my life" he told me, and I put my hand on top of his.

"I'm sorry" I said as the sunlight blossomed in his hair, and he smiled at me.

Then all of a sudden, my phone rang I gave him an apologetic smile and answered my phone.

"Hello David, hi look can I call" I started to say but stopped with a worried look on my face.

"What no I'm glad you called I'm going to get Constance and I'll meet you there what room okay thanks see you then" I said then hung up.

"I'm sorry it's my sister's mother I'll catch a cab to take me to my car and" I said sounding more worried than before. "Wow, wow, wow what's going on" he asked and put his hand on my arm to calm me.

"My sister's mother is in the hospital she's dying" I told him calming down. "She has cancer" I told him noticing his confusion.

"I'll take you we will pick up Constance and I'll go with you" he told me. "Are you sure you don't have to I can grab a cab or call Mason" I said.

"Hey, I don't mind it's okay I'll go I want to go" he told me, and I smiled. "Okay let's go" I said, and we paid for our lunch leaving to pick up Constance.

 "Okay let's go" I said, and we paid for our lunch leaving to pick up Constance