1.5 Lincoln Loud - Ace Savvy

Outside the car the nine siblings picked themselves up and were now on the sidewalk. The honking cars and exhaust fumes seemed to have multiplied a thousand times without the vans walls. Naturally the now eldest took the responsibility of being in charge.

Dusting herself she looked up and saw the others being to busy either making sure they hadn't left anything in the car or checking themselves if they hadn't dropped something in the scramble.

Luna stretched, straightened up and put on her serious face. Holding her hand high she snapped to get the attention of the siblings. As she did the world got muffled, the sounds of cars got further and further away until they were almost non-existent, the voices of each sibling disappeared, and the sound of the snapping took over all.

With all eyes on her now, some bored, some angry, some inquisitive, the teen smiled to herself and continued, "You can all thank me and Lincoln later for getting us out here but we still gotta set a few things straight before heading out."

She paused as if waiting for a reply from her mute audience.

She cleared her throat, "Now has everyone got their bags nothing left?"

A series of nods and thumbs up answered her.

"Alright, now we all going to get to school our own ways. No slowing each other down. BUT we're all going to meet at the schools main entrance. Got that?"

Another silent agreement from the group.

"Alright," Luna clicked a button on the music player making it glow a deep violet. Tossing it in the air it grew and folded itself silently into a purple guitar that she caught. "Don't die getting there."

The teen strummed her instrument, popping the soundproof bubble they had been in. The noise assaulted them once again. She strummed another note, the sound cutting through the air picking her up as well as another sister with brown hair and a yellow dress.

"Last one there is a rotten egg!" The brunette taunted before the sound whisked them directly to the sky island.

"To infinity and beyond!" The twins shouted. One popped a pink umbrella to ride on while the other dissolved into a tsunami of sentient mud that swept both away. Rushing in the direction of the school shouts of surprise could be heard as people encountered the mud wave.

Of the remaining sisters, the athletic one, grabbed another with dark hair and pale skin whose mouth turned into a flat line of contempt. In response the other flashed a big meaty smile. "Fine," the goth relented and they both disappeared into a cloud of smoke.

"Farewell brother," A kindergartner with thick glasses said with lisp. "I'll be taking the baby to the school's nursery. I trust that you'll find a way up?" She was enveloped in a green glow, which extended to a woven basket, and was floating a few feet in the air. Riding on the basket was a baby girl wearing a purple shirt and white diaper who smiled at her brother.

Lincoln was standing still as a stone eyes closed, face turned to the sun. He didn't answer immediately as he was still kicking himself mentally for not thinking this would happen. In the idealized scenario that had played in his head they would still get kicked out of the van but Luna would step up and herd every to the school together. Welp, nothing to be done about it now.

"Lincoln. Lincoln?" The little sister questioned floating close and snapping a finger in his face.

The boy shook his head, waking up from his trance, and nodded to her, "Totally just don't drop Lily."

"Affirmative," She answered turning immediately to the school and floated up. The baby looked back at Lincoln and waved goodbye.

The boy looked around seeing if anything spontaneous with save him from having to walk to the tubes. Cars honked and a few pigeons on top of the brick buildings around him cooed. The sun shone down and Lincoln sighed heavily before jogging in place for a quick second and dashing off at full speed.

He ran like the wind through the sidewalk following the muddy path made by the twins. The car jam seemed to stretch the entire street even though there wasn't signs of an accident that could have caused it. Nearing the tubes he pulled a small black hand radio from his bag and spoke into it, "Break Clyde, are you there over?"

It might have been a stretch to believe that his best friend was in the same area but just last weekend they had talked about how both of them were going to this school. Around him people were running in the opposite direction, the boy was too agile to not let that slow him down though.

The static from the radio had barely faded when a low-pitched voice replied, "Copy Lincoln I'm here, over."

A weight was lifted of Lincoln's chest. It's always reassuring to know that you've got back up for a problem and Clyde was the best wingman he had ever known, even if that was because he was the only wingman he had known. "Operation Get Into the Hero Course to Become Famous, and Also Think of a Shorter Name for this Operation, is a go! Over."

"Yes, sir! But don't go near the tubes Linc! And also, look above you, I'm flashing a bright light, over."

Yells and cries from pedestrians around him could be heard but Lincoln ignored them, put the radio close to his ear, and ran backwards with his head toward the sky. Sure enough, about two blocks back and a few kilometers in the air, was a twinkling speck.

"What are you doing up there!" He asked in confusion, almost hurting himself when he ran into trash can that toppled over.

"Monsters are real Lincoln! They're crawling all over the schools entrance. Just go to the bottom of where I am, there's a rope that's been let down from the school. Anyone who can is climbing it, over."

A police man who tried to grab him but he ducked under his arms and ran along.

"Really Clyde, magic monsters? You shouldn't believe everything on t.v. I'm sure there's a per-"

Teeth, gums, and a large tongue replaced the boys view as Lincoln ran head first into the monsters mouth. The radio crunch up against his skin as the plastic and electronics shattered into a million shards. And just before the monster clamped down on his neck, blocking out all light, there was just enough time for Lincoln to sigh expressing disappointment for himself for the second time that morning.