Chapter Seven: Rising Tension

Start from the beginning

"If you need me to help you, I expect something in return. Be more like your wife won't you?"

Detective Almond hesitated as he heard the mention of his now deceased wife, but took a deep breath, before he confronted the cookie for what he wished.

"All I ask from you, is to serve me once, and to use your magic for the sake of justice for the recent cookie that had died in the bar you once worked with, with your old mafia," the detective explained as he gave the smoke eyed cookie the file, the cookie opened it, not even feeling an ounce of sympathy.

"The cookie here died from a straight impact to the head, it was found near the dumpster, he was decapitated probably around the same time he was shot. Whatever he was shot with must've been powerful enough to burn through his skull and brain, just one arrow," the detective continued.

"And what exactly must this do with me?" the cookie asked.

"I interviewed someone a while ago, and I have high suspicions of them, however, it's difficult to perform an arrest unless I gain enough evidence. You yourself were, and still are the most powerful mafia this kingdom has to offer."

"Just get to the point already-"

"In return for your assistance, look for a cookie who has a weapon that wields only arrows, and track the other cookie who may have decapitated the victim. In return, you may roam free, and you will be ignored by me, and my justice team."

The guards and the cookie's eyes widened. The guard's eyes widened with fear at the detective's choice, while the cookie's eyes went back to normal, his face darkened as a devilish smirk appeared on his face. His chance to shine and finally gain back his reputation.

"I accept your offer, detective, only under the condition that you use a contract as a way to fully confirm my freedom from solitary," the cookie's robe lifted lightly as his magic appeared due to the pure excitement and the idea to return to his cruel ways. The detective closed his eyes, then opened them with confidence as he shook the other cookie's hand, a slight magic aura appeared with their hand shake, fully solidifying the mafia's and detective's deal.

"It's a pleasure to finally come to a compromise with you..."

"Espresso."

Cigars and the graphite that came out of it lingered through the floorboards as Licorice sweeped the graphite with annoyance. The fact that he had known Pomegranate and Parfait were related, still roamed around in his mind, still refusing to believe that two polar opposites were related, of course, siblings aren't going to be exactly the same, unless they are twins, but the fact that they had differed from each other so much, just proved... impossible. Impossible to believe that those two cookies had a type of bond, yet it felt as though they had been enemies for years and years.

Despite Licorice not being interested in Pomegranate, he always couldn't help but think about who she once was, if Parfait still gave her multiple chances. The two cookies were mysterious, far more mysterious than what was on the surface.

In one pair of dice, you had Parfait, the star of the show, the one who never dared to harm anyone. Yet on the other side of the die, you could clearly see that Parfait would hold types similar grudges like Pomegranate would. Parfait would never wish death on them, at least, so far he hasn't seen that, yet.

In the other pair of dice, you had the last piece of the puzzle, Pomegranate. An unfortunate soul subjected to favoritism and abuse as she would constantly abuse others around her. Licorice never liked the idea of alleging her for being abused, but the only way one can truly be an abuser, is that if they themselves were abused one either in childhood, or other relationships or friendships they had.