Chapter Eleven: Noticing Their Content

Start from the beginning

"I have a date!" Darren exclaimed.

"With Jade?!" Ryan asked, referring to their conversation from the other day.

"No..." Darren said. "Some chick I met through Instagram. She's pretty hot."

"But what about Jade?" Justin asked.

"What about her?" Darren responded.

Justin and Ryan both shared looks, thinking their friend was very dumb.

"I thought we agreed she might like you?" Ryan jogged his memory.

"Oh that." Darren said. "Yeah, I don't think so. Either way, I don't even know if I like her so."

"You don't know?" Justin raised a brow.

Darren nodded. Justin smirked. Darren not knowing if he likes someone is very different from not thinking he does.

"Whatever man." Justin said.

"Aren't you guys going to congratulate me?!" Darren asked.

"Woo, congratulations." They both said, with no enthusiasm whatsoever.

"You guys are horrible." Darren growled before going to find somebody else to express his news to.

"I think he'll realize he likes Jade and he's going to be in big trouble." Justin told Ryan.

"For sure." Ryan snickered. "Can we make a deal, though, not to tell the others about us watching Angel and Alex's content?"

"Deal." Justin said, fist-bumping the other.

The two walked away, never mentioning it again unless to each other.

---

Later that night, the boys were making dinner. Kane had his phone on the kitchen counter when it went off, everyone noticing a new background of his. It was a picture of a beautiful scenery, one nobody had recognized.

"New background Kane?" Sebastian noticed it and asked first.

"Oh, yeah." Kane said, grabbing his phone to put in his pocket.

"Did you take that picture?" Seb asked.

"No." Kane shook his head, avoiding everyone's eyes.

"Then who did?" Oliver asked.

"I can guess who." Ryan said while him and Justin were snickering to themselves.

"Shut up!" Kane exclaimed, throwing a piece of cut celery at them.

"Kane, who took it?" Oliver asked again.

Kane sighed. "Is it really any of your business, Oliver?"

"Damn." Regie said, feeling the tense atmosphere.

Oliver scoffed. "Why is it so weird for you to tell me?"

"Why is it so weird that my background is this?" Kane fought back.

"It's not." Oliver responded. "I was just curious as to who took it."

"Fine. It was Nova." Kane confessed. "I thought it was cool so I made it my background."

"Nova?" Oliver's eyebrows raised, looking a bit furious.

"Yeah, Nova." Kane said. "She's really talented. Just because we have a feud doesn't mean I have to deny her talents."

"Um, yeah it does." Oliver responded.

"Oli, leave him alone." Sebastian stepped in. "It's just a picture. Nova isn't even in it so it's not like it means anything."

"Thank you, Sebastian." Kane spoke.

"I just think it's weird that he made a photo of her's his." Oliver said. "Where did he even get it?"

"Oh my god!" Kane exclaimed, throwing down the knife he was using to chop vegetables. "Would you just leave it alone?"

"Okay, fine." Oliver said.

The kitchen was pretty tense after that but even Sebastian was curious as to why Kane had Nova's photo. Later that night, he found Kane calming himself down outside after the heated dinner.

"Hey, Kane, you okay?" Sebastian asked, joining the male on the lawn chairs.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Kane nodded. "Thanks for sticking up for me back there."

"Of course." Sebastian said. "You can have whatever you want as your background."

"Is it really that weird that I have a photo of her's as my background, though?" Kane asked for comfort from his younger friend.

"It's just the fact that she doesn't mean anything to you." Sebastian said. "Unless she does?"

Seb looked over at Kane.

"I don't know." The male found himself smiling at the thought of her. "I guess I might like her, yeah."

"I knew it!" Sebastian exclaimed.

"It's obvious, huh?" Kane asked.

"A little." Seb responded. "But there's nothing wrong with that. Nova seems like your type anyway, I'm sure you could be her's too."

Kane sighed. "She doesn't really talk to me."

"That doesn't mean anything." Seb shook his head. "Nova seems like the really shy and quiet type. I'm sure she's just shy. Even if she likes you, she might avoid you because she's scared."

"Hey, I didn't say she avoids me." Kane said.

Sebastian snickered. "Still, don't lose hope."

"Thanks man." Kane smiled. "What about you and Leah, though?"

"What about us?" Sebastian snickered awkwardly.

"I don't know." Kane shrugged. "I thought there was something going on between you too, that's why you're trying so hard to make our groups work."

"I don't know." Sebastian shrugged. "She's definitely different from other girls."

"A good different?" Kane asked.

Sebastian found himself smiling. "Yeah, a good different."

Kane knew what Sebastian felt but didn't push it. The two just enjoyed the night sky before heading back inside a little later.

The day was a bit odd for all the guys. Some found out something about another that made one question if they liked the girls or not.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! I had a chapter where the girls kind of discussed their feelings so I figured I should have one about the guys too. Hopefully this chapter wasn't too boring TT anyway I'll see you guys soon. Biez!