love, tommy (chap and 1 year Q&A)

Start from the beginning

But anyway, big man, I wish you well for the rest of your life. Don't give your parent's too hard a time, okay?

Love, Tommy

~~~~~~

Now the unfinished bit from something else, it was going to be called "A song of stark white daisies," it was going to be this thing where ranboo was an assassin assigned to kill prince tubbo but then they actually become friends and shit and it was gonna be so sad but then i forgot about it :D

maybe i'll write it as a chapter

TWS: implied abusive parent (abusive dadschlatt), drowning, death

Tubbo laid in the flower field, the clouds drifting lazily across the bright blue sky, and the thousands of white daisies around him fluttered softly in the warm breeze. It was rare for Tubbo to be able to escape the castle for moments like this, especially since Tommy was gone.

The only reason Tubbo could get away from his father so often was Tommy, who was a commoner of L'Manberg, coming to the castle to help him get out. Tommy was found dead almost a year ago. Everyone just said he had been pulled underwater while the rapids in the L'Manberg river were high and he had hit his head on a rock, but there was no evidence that had happened. Or from what Tubbo heard. There was only one other person in the kingdom who knew Tubbo was friends with Tommy, and that was a knight, Niki. She was kind, brave, and was the one who supplied Tubbo with the information about Tommy's mysterious death and comforted him when he was feeling his worst.

Soon enough his father found out what was happening with Tommy and Niki and he had stopped Tubbo from going to Tommy's funeral. Then, a few months later, Niki went missing. Soon enough, Tubbo found out she'd been killed by his father. That was the day that his father first went farther than yelling.

Tubbo sighed and wiped the tears from his dark brown eyes. He came to the field to feel calm, not to start crying again. It had been months. He had to get over this.

He picked a daisy and watched it drift off to the sky. At a point, it flew slowly over the hill. At this, he closed his eyes, basking in the warm sunlight.

~~~~~~

The blond boy screamed as Ranboo plunged his head underwater, holding his head hard enough to bruise. Ranboo almost pulled the blond up at the sound of his terror, but no, he couldn't. He had to do this. He'd taken S's money. He had to do this for S. He was in his debt, he would be forever. This was important.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered as he heard the petrified screams lessen, until they were gone, and the body in his hands fell limp.

~~~~~~

Ranboo sat at the calm river, watching the minnows dash about and listening to the birds chirping happy tunes. His mask was down, allowing him to breathe in the sweet, clean air. Every time he thought about that job he couldn't breathe. That was quite often.

Rarely did the jobs S employed Ranboo for hurt so much to finish, but to drown a boy who grew up just as poor, a boy who was around the same age as himself, that was scarring for Ranboo. But now there was nothing he could do about it. You can't bring back the dead.

Ranboo had learned that firsthand when his family died and he was left alone. All he could do was hope for them to come back, what else could a ten year old boy do? They never came back, and Ranboo couldn't keep himself alive alone. S had given him money, but later tracked Ranboo down again and made him ruthlessly kill anyone S asked of him. It was usually someone random, like someone from L'Manberg. Ranboo thought it was odd, of course, but was taught to think nothing of it. He was only there to commit the crime. Not to question it.