23. Rings & References

Start from the beginning

"Me?" I asked with widened eyes.

"Yea, you." She nods with a devilish smile. "You like to cook and clean and you're the cutest human being ever, you'd definitely end up getting married first." I waved it off as a lie as her eyes shot up at the clouds. "Holy shit no way."

Elio and I followed her gaze. "What is it?" He asks.

"It's a dick!" Tori loudly announced as she pointed up at a cloud. We all exploded out in laughter as the shape and outline was definitely there.

I went to work later that day, the suite much more busier than usual as multiple grunts and the sound of kicks, jabs, and right hooks echoed throughout the place.

I really only expected to see Castiel training but there he was, standing next to Luka who had on his usually devilish smirk. I gulped as Castiel's hands effortlessly shot through a thick plank of wood like a bullet.

"Alright my turn." Luka ran a hand through his chestnut hair as the old man nodded.

Castiel's sapphire gaze landed on me, his face flushed red and glistening with sweat. His eye contact eventually leaves to look at Luka who was beginning to do tiny hops to gain momentum of some sort. His breath sharpened as his stance began to mold with the hops.

"Hrah!" Luka's voice roared through the suite as his hand failed to crack through the thick plank of wood. "Fuck! Shit!" He hissed, flailing his hand out in pain as he tried his best to hide it.

I couldn't help but snort as his mouth fought the urge to quiver, his eyes darting at me in a teasing way. "That's enough for today. Like I said, you must not rush your practice. Let this pain be a lesson." The old man spoke as I gulped down my laugh and began to pour some water for the boys to drink.

The old man said his goodbyes as Luka and Castiel proceeded to clean up and pack up the mat. It was incredibly nerve-wrecking approaching these two tall boys knowing it was only us at the suite alone.

"S-some water, sir?" With quick succession, Luka snatched the mat underneath the couch, sending his arm back as his elbow struck into my left eye like a bolt of lightning which caused a sudden and excruciating pain to present itself into my head as I fell back.

The punch caused me to momentarily witness multiple versions of reality as I was too in shock and in pain to defend myself. I thankfully wasn't caught out of guard enough to drop or shatter the glass as the only mess was the water soaking into my uniform.

Ah, shit.

I lightly coughed out on the floor as the sound of Castiel's voice boomed towards us. "What the fuck, Luka?" He immediately rushed towards me as Luka did the same.

"Shit! Im sorry Shiloh i-it was an accident!" Luka exclaimed as my vision recollected with the most bizarre sight. The two boys sat on each of my side, my eyes hastily taking turns to examine their overwhelming presence collide before me.

"You can go, I'll help him up." Castiel gently shoves Luka to the side to help me first which visibly made his mouth falter.

I hissed. "I-I'm fine, I can get myself up." My eyes watered from the throbbing pain I began to feel all throughout my head.

"Nonsense, you can't even stand up straight." Castiel insisted to help as I really did appreciate it.

"I'm sorry." Luka's voice cracked as he looked like he was suffocating through anguish. "Let me help him."

"I-it's okay." I coughed, the pain barely subsiding as if it was a tidal wave of pain and discomfort.

"Just go, I'll see you around school." Castiel sharply let out towards Luka as I felt him carefully wrap his hands around me, helping me get back up.