Chapter 6 - Will you?

Start from the beginning

And that positive energy has opened a huge door for him and he couldn't wait to tell her about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The semi final shoot went on perfectly as expected and Ashwin and Sunitha got selected as the first finalist.

Everybody appreciated him but his eyes searched for that pint sized human being who had stood by him as a rock for the past 6 months.

Sivaangi stood there with overwhelming eyes, if being proud had a physical entity it will look exactly like her, she slowly wiped her tears, came near him,  gave a formal handshake, went back and sat on the anchor's chair without even an eye contact with him.

Ashwin looked at her face confused, but she wasn't looking at him. 

The only Sivaangi,  Ashwin knew is a Diwali cracker, a real kutty pattas, but from the time shoot started today, she had been silent and distant.

Initially, Ashwin had dismissed thinking that she is also equally anxious, after all she is the one who prays and wants his success more than himself, but looking at her now, he knew something else is bothering her.

He half heartedly accepted rest of his wishes and finished the shoot waiting to rush to her side.

"Ennachu?" he asked her. Both of them were finally alone, in his car, driving towards their home.

"Onnum illaye?" she replied avoiding his eyes, looking outside the window

"Poi" he replied firmly

"Enna poi? oru poi yum illa, naan normal ah dhaan irukken" she replied back with the same firmness

"No chance, enakku theriyum unna paththi" he replied back proudly

"Enna theriyum ungalukku enna paththi, illa yaarukku dhaan enna paththi enna theriyum? Just oru photo or oru show paathutu ishtathukku imagine pannika vendiyadhu, andha imagination basis la en mandaya pottu urutaa vendiyadhu, judgmental idiots" screeched Sivaangi in utter frustration surprising him.

Ashwin looked at her, his eyes clearly showing a mixture of shock and hurt.

"I am so sorry Ashwin, I didn't mean to shout at you, I am sorry" she immediately retaliated her eyes almost filling up.

Ashwin stopped his car in a deserted street corner, turned his body completely facing towards her and looked at her.

"Ennachu ma? enkitta sollamaatiya?" he asked concern overflowing in his voice

"Onnum illa Ashwin, sappa matter uh, naan dhaan theva illaama react panniten, I blame it on the early onset of periods this month, so sorry",  she replied

Ashwin started his car and continued driving until he found a small 24 hours super market inside a petrol bunk.

He parked his car and went inside, Sivaangi continued to stare outside not giving any care to what he was doing, her mind clearly pre occupied.

Within 10 minutes he was back with a package, he came in, placed the package on the holder in between them and started driving again.