Traveler of Worlds

[A/N: Lumine reveals how she ended up sealed away to Diluc, a tale he is not sure how to believe or not. Dvalin awakens.]

................................

Diluc was speechless.

The tale Lumine spun was insane at best but there was no sign of deceit or treachery in her body language or her tone. "She's dead serious about this..."he thought as he listened watching her sketch out her tale in the sand as she spoke. From his understanding Lumine had come here on a mission with her twin brother, Aether and had only been in Khaenri'ah for a couple months before all hell broke loose. They had been pursued and had tried to escape they had believed was dying. Diluc furrowed his brow before closing his eyes in silent thought as he let out a sigh, his subconscious habit to adjust his gloves coming up before her eyes. Slowly he opened his scarlet eyes to look at Lumine, "So let me see if I understand this correctly."

"You are claiming you are a world traveler and you and your brother were trying to find a home alongside this mission you can't divulge?"he asked.

"Yes. We were staying in Khaenri'ah at the time."she confirmed.

"And you both tried to escape this world the instant all hell broke loose, but you were stopped by some unknown deity that took your brother and sealed you both in the process? Am I understanding this correctly?"Diluc asked.

"You are correct. I am not asking you to believe me nor am I expecting you to trust me right away."Lumine sighed as she slowly got to her feet. "But I can tell you I am a friend, not a foe. As long as you or anybody else do not get in my way of my search for my brother I am no threat."

Diluc took a moment to digest her story and her words her smile and expression was one of gentle sincerity. It made him feel strange looking at her as they began to make their way back to the woods. But still something bothered him greatly. "How are you able to use Anemo without a vision or devise?"he inquired following not far from the blonde. His tone was one of sinsere curiosity.

"I don't know, I was always able to handle all the elements to my will. I guess the laws don't apply to me."she hummed making making the redhead gawk at her. Lumine had said it so casually like it was easy as breathing.

"Wait hold on!"Diluc swiftly grabbed her arm firm but gentle catching her attention. "You can use all the elements!?"

"Yes or rather um...I-I used to. Before the seal I could wield them freely but my brother was better at some of them more then I was. While I preferred ones he couldn't grasp as easily. Anemo is the one element though we both excelled in."she explained. "Now can you please let go of my arm Diluc?"

This girl...if she could control all the elements she was a walking force of nature made flesh. Diluc had no idea how to process all this information or if it was true or some crazy bard's tale. The only hint it was factual was what he witnessed earlier with the statue of Lord Barbatos at Starfell Lake. He had no choice but to accept she was no ordinary being. "Your age then, how old are you?"he asked. Well that was a normal question that came out of nowhere wasn't it!? It had surprised Lumine but also made her laugh earning a confused and slightly annoyed glance from the tall wine tycoon. 

"Aether and I don't look it due to our heights but we are eighteen last time I was aware."she giggled with a thoughtful grin her finger on her thin in thought. Just how many years had passed anyways? She was not yet sure.

"You do look younger then you are. Is this a family trait of your's or your old world?"Diluc rubbed his temples with a sigh. He could feel a little bit of a headache threatening to grip him from all this information. It was a bit too much to take at once.

"I don't know. Aether and I were very young when we started traveling."she sighed. "I wish I could give more information, really I do but my memory is in a haze in places."

"Some of your memory is missing!?"she nodded at his shocked question as they reached the ledge that overlooked starfell lake.

Diluc was about to ask more when the winds began to pick up making Lumine squeak as she held her dress down desperate effort to keep it down. "Just where did that wind come from?"she thought in confusion.  A might roaring howl was soon what greeted their ears as what they saw next made them stare in disbelief. Overhead a massive feathered dragon with four wings that stirred up the wind came over their heads. It easily cast a huge shadow that swallowed up the sun and blackened the sky as with another mighty flap of its wings a tiny breeze became a howling gale that shook the flora below and sent fauna running for the hills. Diluc steadying her as they both tried to shield their eyes from the dust and wind.

"A dragon!? WHAT THE SAM HELL!?"Lumine shouted in astonishment. "There's dragons in this world?"

"Yes there are Lumine that was one of the Four Winds but I thought it was missing all these decades!!"Diluc hissed in equal shock. Concern on his face and worry as the dragon was circling before making to land in where a glade in the woods was further ahead. 

"Well lets not just stand here lets go look."Lumine said eagerly as she rushed in the direction the dragon went. Most sane people would run the other way but not Lumine; she was curious. She wanted a better look at that cyan colored dragon. 

"Lumine wait!"Diluc cried before letting out an annoyed moan as he facepalmed at her reckless behavior. So swift as his feet he rushed after her into the heart of the whispering woods. Hopefully she did not do anything foolish before he reached her.

To Be Continued....

................................................

[A/N: Us/Lumine foolish and reckless? nah~! lol]