Prologue: Viator & Viatrix

[A/N: Not many know but I have had Diluc on my team for all three chapters of the actual game so far. I adore him to bits and he's pretty much is Monstandt's "Batman" if you would. He and my Lumine have had so many adventures and mishaps together with Kaeya on my account and share a very close friendship stat(maxed Friendship lvl). He even carried me through some major boss fights like Signora(cryo phase). Even now, he has a special place in my heart...but that might be partly because I'm partial to redheads/gingers and he was my first 5 star. I also love DiLumi to pieces so I'm sad there isn't much in terms of art and fanfics for them from what I can find. So please enjoy and if given the love I hope it does, this will send them into Inazuma and beyond. As mentioned, this is an AU where somebody else discovers Lumine instead of Paimon joining her as a travel partner. Paimon will not be in this story unless otherwise stated.]

............................................

A sea of brilliant white fluffy clouds spread far as the eye could see. The sky overhead a brilliant shade of cerulean blue pillars and curving columns of white trimmed with gold poked out from the sea of white. Petals of a strange white flowers with a single blue petal blown to the mercy of the wind as two lone figures raced across the winding towering road. One a young male with waist length golden sun kissed hair tied up in a clean braid with a feather in the hair band. A lone glowing orb feather earring swaying wildly from his ear in his haste as his snow white and gold trimmed sash around his shoulders danced wildly behind him. He wore a tight fitting black shirt that cut off just below his ribs Slightly baggy black pants and long ebony and brass knee high boots could be seen as parts of his minimal armor glowed white. His eyes a sharp and brilliant honey amber as dark black gloves fitted snuggling on his hands.

By his side running in perfect sync was a petite golden blonde with short hair with long side bangs with twin five petal white flower pin in her hair. Her honey amber eyes were rich and bright but desperation and fear now graced them as they ran. A dress and scarf of brilliant pristine white coated in dust as cuts and scrapes marred both their bodies. Each heavy fall of her knee high snow white and gold boots sending an echoing clack clack. Like the almost identical boy beside her parts of her clothes and armor were glowing a brilliant whitish gold. Just behind her left ear were two feathers that swayed wildly with her.

"Hurry Lumine, we're almost there!!"called the boy.

"I see it Aether, lets hurry and leave this burning world behind!"the girl, now known as Lumine called as the huge white gate came into sight on the horizon. Quick as their feet could carry them they ran for it. However the twins froze at sensing something coming.

Before their eyes the sky ripped asunder in the same black and red energy that had cast the world below into a living hell on earth. The energy forming various sized star or diamond-like shapes forming some king of portal. Out from it stepped a tall, fair skinned maiden with long platinum silver hair. Her body robed in the oddest dress of gold, white, red, and black they had ever seen. Her golden eyes showed no emotion other then what seemed to be arrogance and hate. Her stoic face making her even the more hard to figure out as she slashed at the air with her hand, triggering some kind of energy to show behind her as she spoke, "Outlanders your journey ends here."

"Not good, Aether she found us. How the hell did she find us!?"yelped Lumine.

"How am I suppose to know, sister? I'm not psychic. Just get ready to fight...to run away."Aether hissed summoning his golden sword.

"Who are you? Why are you trying to stop us?"Lumine demanded.

"I am the sustainer of the heavenly principles."began the unknown goddess as a cube-like energy began to manifest in her hands. Then they realized what happening below the cloud bank was her fault. "The arrogation of mankind begins now!"

Then the cube struck out from below them and swift as birds the twins leaped away as six brilliant wings appeared behind them. An ethereal and otherworldly energy surrounding them for the briefest moment. as both twins now had swords of brilliant gold in hands. With speed that could a swooping falcon to shame Aether and Lumine charged the being blocking their escape. With a single motion of her hand the deity had sent the dark cube-like energy stream right at them. With swift turns and swerves the twins easily dodged the assault. Higher and higher and through towering pillars and columns they flew for the sky was their haven and nothing could restrain them. 

"Aether, take the left I got her right if we can catch her off guard we can make a break for it!"Lumine called as the just managed to avoid the sinister energy.

"Got it. You be careful sister!"Aether agreed as they gave the attack the slip causing a resounding explosion as they made a v-line straight for the unknown goddess before them. 

"You as well."she shouted.

With battle cries and swords poised they struck out but the deity raised both her hands to effortlessly stop their blades in their tracks. A stream of the dark energy went out to try and trap Lumine but she having the better intuition between them had reacted and backed away. Aether was not so lucky as before her eyes her brother was captured and spirited away before her eyes.

"Aether!"

With a furious growl she charged to zip behind the entity with a blinding golden light-like static as the energy gathered in her sword. With a deadly and brutal swipe of her blade she struck while the being was distracted. However the unknown goddess easily countered causing a vicious explosion. The shared pained howls of both woman ranging through the sea of clouds as the smoke cleared Lumine was revealed battered and bruised as to her horror the entity had sent a huge mass of the cube-like energy right for her that shrunk and covered her hand. The horrifying agony she felt as it suddenly felt like countless shackles were caging her power and being. The dark energy consumed her just like it had her brother but this felt terrifying and ominous and very, very sinister. 

"Wait! Give him back, give me back my brother!"she howled before the darkness consumed her. 

Then came the sensation she would never forget as it felt like she was falling. Forever falling in this endless darkness. A soundless scream as she found she could not move her body and her wings would not manifest. Her powers not answering her call. Wind, fire, ice, water, light....ANYTHING!! What was more was the feel of shackling and binding as her consciousness too faded to nothingness and fear. And then she felt and knew nothing and the cage of slumber locked her up like a bird with brokens in a cage.

To Be Continued...