Before everything came rushing in.

Persia knew this feeling.
But it was worse than it had ever been.
The feeling expanded and exploded in her head with every so little moment that passed.
Like a chunk of her memory had been replaced. She knew the things she saw and felt tearing at her muscles by heart.

The discomfort grew until it was pain, then until it was pure terror.
She was going to burst if she didn't do something.

So many people. dead.

Her hands were trembling. shaking. She couldn't close them probably. There was no feeling in the tips of her fingers.
She tried speaking, but her words were choked off each time with a gasp for air. another harsh sob.

Somehow, she found her way into the village, tried seeing through her blurred eyes.

"Persia, I was looking for you-"

She turned, but had no clue where the voice had come from. Chest quivering, nausea crawling up her throat.
Suddenly, someone touched her shoulder, pulling her back.

Persia couldn't decipher his face, but knew it was him.

All the grudges she had held, all those specks of spite, it didn't even cross her mind at that time.
No rational thing did.

But all that was still consciously thinking made her long for him. Something of him.
Her body turned so harshly, a scream left her.
She fell down to her knees, unable to hold her weight any longer.

He spoke to her, grabbed her by the hands to stop them from shaking.
She didn't understand a word.
Her senses were dozed in every bit of the torturous pain.

"druig."
she choked, jerking her head back and forth to find him.
A gentle pressure formed on her hands.
they warmed slightly.

„Druig please. can you hear me?"

Her teeth chattered through her words, being cut off my her gasps for oxygen.
The pressure returned. Persia tried pressing back, but by then had no recollection of her strength.
„Druig please." she whispered, trying to calm.

„Persia, Persia I'm here."

Her heart sat out for a beat when she heard him.
„Druig, please take it from me. Take my memories from me. Take everything, just make it stop."

it grew quiet, but her mind took up that space by intensifying the sharp pain in her abdomen, a ringing making her ears feel like they were bleeding.
Persia screamed in agony, feeling as her knees dug into the splinters of the graphit floor.

"I can't do that Persia. I will get Ajak, she can help."
"no no no." she yelped desperately, trying to find the pressure he was putting on her hands again.

"I am begging you, druig. mind control me. i don't care. i want it gone. i want it all gone."

"i can't manipulate eternals, i'm sorry-"
"Try it, please. please make it stop. They will get hurt, I can't-"
she faintly hear how he called for someone.
A tone to his voice she had never heard.

It didn't matter to her that they didn't get along.
she needed him.

"please." she muttered with the last bit of her soul. "try it Druig."

The pressure came back to her hands, she breathed in relief when she was able to hold onto him still being there.
Persia couldn't tell if her eyes were open or not, they burned with the fire of hell.
Arrow after arrow piercing her heart, that's what she felt.

Maybe Druig was already gone into the woods. That little pressure and voice, only her mind playing another trick on her.
She wouldn't be surprised.
She felt so alone.

„Persia, Persia i will try."
it's all not even there, she told herself. Wincing and flinching in pain.

"i trust you. i trust you with my whole being, druig."
her lips formed the words, yet she wasn't sure there was any volume to it.

Persia had no clue where that had come from. If it was what she truly felt.
It was her desperation.
That was all.

A warm feeling spread in her chest, caressing the wounds that had draped over her body, gushing the life out of her.
Her mind grew less clouded, the volume of the tearing screams going down.

She held her breath, when an unfamiliar feeling drowned out all pain and replaced it with something else.
"sleep."

That was the last thing she heard before her mind was wiped blank.
—-

A/N: we're getting the plot running, i hope no one is bored with the angsty stuff.
this is just what you need to understand the enemies dynamic.
thank you guys for almost 250 reads!