My Dad's Friend: 20

Instead of salivating at the sight, my mouth was bitter. The dining table was filled with different types of foods, it was Canadian tradition, my mouth watered at the sight of bannock, butter tarts, poutine, and peameal bacon, my stepmother had outdone herself at this one, obviously trying to ingrain her guest.

I eyed those beavertails but I couldn't bring myself to try it out, all the laughter going around the table was steering me wackos, freaking annoying, why were they happy when I was gloomy.

"Try this, Dr. Sean!"

I watched as Dean filled Sean's plate with beavertails and poutine together, I felt my anger being spiked by the scene, especially when Sean took a bite and nodded his head in approval, I watched in annoyance as Dean chuckled like the love-struck puppy that he was.

"So, what do you think of my son, Tristan?" Dad asked, knocking me out from wandering senses.

Jessica glanced at me, glimmering. What the hell?! I lifted a glass of water to my lips.

"I think he's extremely handsome with his spiky and sandy hair, his green orbs are equally attractive. He's a dishy guy and I won't mind spending the rest of my life with him" she fluttered her eyes lashes, I scoffed, gulping some water. "But I wonder if he's gay"

Almost in an instant, I spat the water out, coughing as I dropped the glass and picked up a napkin, wiping my mouth, I took deep breaths to calm my fragile heart down, I realized everyone was staring at me. I gaped at the bitch. "Are you out of your mind, just because am not attracted to the likes of you, I went gay?!" I glared, ignoring the sharp look I got from Sean from the corner of my eyes but he silently went back to eating the food Dean picked out for him. I was covetous!

I watched as her sweet smile fell at my words.

"Tristan, that's rude. You can't speak to your fiance, now apologize!" Dad scolded.

"No it's okay Sir, I believe Tristan is a bit awkward. He will get used to me soon" Her sweet smile returned.

"Anyway, what made you think that, My dear?" My dad went returned to the main discussion, back to the topic where she called me gay.

I saw a hostile glint in my dad's eyes. I gulped, remembering my dad was homophobic. He hated the same-sex relationship with a passion that I wonder what it did to him. I heard him chuckle as if hearing I might be gay was the absurdest thing he had heard. I equally noticed how Dean shifted uncomfortably on his seat, I bet it was too hot for him. I scoffed.

I wondered how he could react knowing his most favorite child liked men and what made it worst, Dean liked men and his friend but unfortunately, I was equally in the same position but luckily, I was his least favorite person and I didn't give two shits about what he thought, I could be with whoever the hell I want!

"Tristan can never be gay, he'll be dead as soon as he comes out" he laughed, topping it as a joke but I couldn't unhear the seriousness in his voice, I could feel the bitterness.

"Am just saying, he's been rude since I got here and he had never glanced at me twice, I got curious" Jessica fluttered her fake eyelashes once more, her gaze averting over to the doctor and it stayed there. I huffed, looking away.

Only if she knew he liked guys, guys like me, or maybe he was bisexual, would I be fighting for his attention with women? I sincerely hoped not!

"Excuse me" Dr. Sean stood up with an empty glass and headed over to the kitchen. My mind was still all over the places till I heard Miss Jessica volunteering to get some towels from the kitchen, I watched her leave the table, my eyes crooked in suspicion, Dr. Sean wasn't back yet. What was this bitch trying to do?

A whole twenty seconds passed by and still no sign of either of them.

"Seemed like Jessica can't find the towels, I don't think Dr. Sean will help her either" my stepmother turned to me. "Why don't you go help her, Tristan"

"Gladly!" I sharply stood from my seat, taking long steps to the kitchen, I stopped at the door, my anger rising at the scene, the witch was rubbing her flat chest on him while pretending to search through the cupboards. I cleared my throat loudly, gaining their attention. She gasped in shock while he didn't illustrate any reaction as he continued what he was doing, mixing some greenish substance inside a glass with a spoon, his face blank, he looked pained.

"I'm pretty sure the towels are over there, Miss Jessica!" My voice dripped with venom as my gaze created a hole through her ugly face, I pointed at the towels on the other side of the sink.

She giggled. "Oh, I didn't notice. Thank you for your help, Dr. Sean" she brushed past him, heading over to the towels, she grabbed a few and walked out while I scoffed and turned to leave but my waist was suddenly grabbed by two rough and strong arms, pulling me back and I was met with a hard chest, I felt a sniff besides my ear.

"You smell like fresh orange," he remarked over my ear, sending a wild shiver down my spine but the jealousy from earlier still crawled through my veins as I pushed him back and crossed my hands over my chest, glare on my features.

"Well, you smell like her, which is awful!" I restored but he chuckled, throaty and deep, inflaming my soul. I would love to hear that laugh over and over again without getting tired and I wished he could do it often. "You think this is funny?!"  As much as I found his chuckle captivating, I didn't appreciate being laughed at my dismay.

His laugh died before I spoke and that blank face returned. I nearly groaned. "You look good when you're jealous"

My mouth instantly fell at his words, I gaped. "Jealous?" I poked my chest. "Why would I feel jealous?"

Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and yanked me towards him, our bodies instantly fitting, and before I could open my mouth to protest, his lips found mine. My eyes widened being kissed by him again. Slowly I melted faster than ice as I moved my lips, responding to his kisses, my eyes automatically shutting on their own while my hands went around his neck, pulling him close, his arms going around my waist, hugging me tight, I tasted those lips.

They were as I remembered two days ago, sweet and rough. He bit my bottom lip and I moaned while he used that opportunity to shove his tongue into my mouth, tasting every part of my hot cavity. I tugged on his hair, running my hair through it, I felt warm, I felt safe, I loved the feeling of being in his arms, I felt protected.

Slowly, he pulled away from the kiss and peppered kisses all over my face, I chuckled, feeling ticklish. "Stop, it's ticklish!" I cried out but he didn't stop, I could feel warmth and butterflies growing in my stomach, he stopped and I stared deep into his grey orbs. He had taken off the glasses and I realized how deep and hallow they were, I could see secrets lurking behind those eyes and for some odd reason, I found myself wanting to solve every mystery behind his calm posture.

I wanted to know the real Dr. Sean, the man that made me gay, just for him.

Nah, I hadn't accepted that fact yet.

I was not gay!

To be continued...!