Froslass: Part 2

I made it to the forest before John. The tree leaves were beginning to get weighed down with snow and ice. The world was beautiful, in a soft kind of way. Everything seemed quiet and reverent – falling snow always had that sort of impact.

After a few more minutes of waiting, I saw John's silhouette in the distance. I waited excitedly for him to come closer. When he was near enough to hear me, I called out his name. "John!"

I skipped towards him, and he smiled as he wrapped me in a hug. "Rachel, my love! How nice it is to see you," he said.

I grinned at him. "I'm so happy that you're here. I can't wait to marry you."

He smiled back at me, and we began to discuss our plans. After all was said and done, we agreed that we would trek through the forest and meet at Silver Cave, which was at the base of Mt. Silver. It was secluded enough where no one would see it, but still a beautiful sight for our wedding.

"I'll be bringing the minister with me, so I will probably arrive after you. But don't worry, I'll get there as soon as I can," John said.

"Of course. You know I'd wait forever."

John smiled and looked me directly in the eyes. He had beautiful eyes that I could get lost in – they were dark as the night, and he had short dark brown hair. He was much taller than me, and not as pale. He cupped my face in the palm of his hand. "I can't wait to be yours forever," he said.

I felt my legs go weak, but I forced myself to stay standing. I couldn't find any words to say back to him, but I didn't need to. He tipped my chin up and kissed me.

Afterwards, he suggested we head back home, as it was getting late. Hand in hand, we walked to the path to Route 45, before parting ways. He left a few minutes before me so that we wouldn't arrive back in town together and stir up any suspicion.

When I arrived home, my mother had made soup, and I ate with my parents, realizing that this was one of the last few days that I'd have with them. John and I planned to return to his hometown in Goldenrod City. We'd talked about vacationing in Olivine City or Cianwood City, but not until things calmed down. There was bound to be some turmoil with my family after the marriage, and we wanted to be able to handle it as needed.