Eiji and the Magic Lamp

Começar do início

"Those children were hungry!" she argued.

"That's no excuse. You must pay," he argued back before spotting a silver bracelet around her left hand. "And I think that lovely bracelet should cover it just fine."

"My bracelet? No! It was from my late mother's," the woman retorted, backing away.

"So that bracelet is all you want?" Eiji asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That's right. It should be more than enough."

"Okay then."

"No! What are you doing?!" the woman pleaded.

"Hey, don't worry. Trust me," Eiji whispered.

The two of them stared at each other for a few moments of silence before Eiji turned around and gave the shopkeeper the woman's bracelet.

"Here you go," he said.

"Thank you very much," the man said.

"What?! No, wait! Give that back!" she exclaimed.

"And have a yuzu for your troubles," Eiji tossed the man a yuzu and started to walk away with the woman following close behind.

"No! I am NOT leaving without my bracelet!" she demanded.

"You mean this one?" Eiji then showed the silver bracelet to her. Her eyes widened in shock.

"But how?"

"Slight of hand. Now come on, let's go."

He took her hand in his own. But not a minute later, an angry voice called out to them, which made the pair stop in their tracks.

"Eiji Ito!!" the man screamed.

"Are we in trouble?" the woman asked nervously.

"Only if you get caught," Eiji answered, trying to sound confident.

"ANBU!!! THIEVES!!! CATCH THEM!!!" the merchant called.

"Quick! This way!" Eiji said as he and his new companion started to run away from the ruckus.

"You don't have to do this, you know!" the woman said, out of breath as she tried to keep up.

"Don't worry about it! It's about time I get myself into trouble today anyway. I'm Eiji Ito, and this little guy is Izuku."

Izuku smiled a friendly greeting.

"Nice to meet you. I'm..." the woman started but was cut off when the crowds parted and a line of Suna Anbu were waiting for them. The Anbu in charge stepped forward with a smug grin on his face. His brown spiky hair was only just visible under the hood he wore.

"HALT!!" the Anbu yelled. "You've really done it this time, street rat. You're not getting away so easily!" the Anbu readied himself to take off in pursuit.

"Who said this was easy?" Eiji asked, turning his attention to a large cart barrel nearby.

He bounded to the side, kicked off the wall of the building, and punched his fists into the side of the cart, sending the barrels toppling over the unsuspecting Anbu. Not wasting any time, Eiji motioned for the woman to follow him down an alleyway.

"See that abandoned building over there? Wait there until I've given these guys the slip," he said.

"But what about you?" the woman asked.

"Don't worry, this isn't the worst challenge I've faced," Eiji said with a grin.

The woman then nodded and teleported across the street and out of harm's way. Eiji was taken aback. He certainly didn't see that coming.