|01|

I needed this day, the sun is out, the sun is never out. My skin feels hot— almost uncomfterbly hot. I'm not going to say anything though. Everyone seems to be getting along. Draco and Harry aren't going at each other's throats. That's good. Even though I'm still thinking about him. Everything hurts. But I can't cry. I won't let myself.

"Y/n!" I look up and I see Hermione staring down at me. "Merlin, I've called your name five times already." She says.

"I didn't hear you, sorry," I respond. Lord, I hadn't even noticed I've been spaced out.

"That's— alright," she clears her throat. And begins whipping her hands in her lap. What is she thinking? "So Um—"

She seems nervous.

"I've been meaning to talk to you."

"Oh?" This can't be good.

"Yeah–" she clears her throat again. "so... It's about Fred." well isn't that great.

"What about Fred?" I pretend that it doesn't bother me, how do I do that? I give her a weak smile. Is this manipulation?

"Well, I was wondering—" she begins to play with her hands. Spit it out already.

"what is it?"

"so—" I hope she's not asking what I think she's going to ask. "Hypothetically speaking say Someone had a crush on Fred."

"Who has a crush on Fred?" I ask trying not to sound hurt.

"No one important."

"Hermione, do you have a crush on Fred?"

"Maybe."

Fuck.

"Hermione, Fred is... Fred's a bad person."

"I know, I know. But—" She stopped herself before saying anything else.

"But what?" I question. She looks unsure as to if she doesn't want to answer.

"If I tell you, you have to promise me you won't be mad." She looks me dead in the eyes, " and you gave to promise you won't tell anyone."

"I promise."

"U mean it Y/N."

"Ok." The brunette grabs my hand and takes me down an alley barely visible to the human eye. It's hidden in between two stores no one goes into.

"Well?"

"So this summer—" She began. Looking at her feet and twirling a strand of hair between her fingers. I watch her closely. "Do you remember the night before the first day of school?"

"Vaguely but yes."

She looks to the side and moves her weight to her left leg. "We were all crossed and playing party games."

I cross my arms and lean back against the wall. "I remember that, yes."

"Well, I was very drunk a–and Fred was also very drunk."

I feel a pain in my throat, don't cry it's ok

"Everyone had gone up to the bed and—"

Tears start to form in her eyes and all I can do is watch

"Fred and I had sex."

There was a pause, between us nothing but silence. And tears running down her cheeks. She pushed her head back against the wall. I break the silence.

"Well, you lost your virginity... that's great." I smile at her

Fred's a fucking bitch.

"Yeah, but it was to your boy."

"Fred isn't mine. I don't claim him." She giggles

"So, how was it?"

"A little bit painful. It was the only time I swear."

"You owe me nothing, Hermione. It's fine, It's ok. It's not something to cry over. It's just Fred."

"Right, it's just Fred."

I fucking hate Fred Weasley.