13

a/n super super short filler chapter but! I really wanted you guys to have this moment so that you kinda knew the timeline.

VICTORIAN ERA
ENGLAND 1700

AURORA

"And this one?"

"It was you, actually"

"Me? I did that?"

"You did. Han Dynasty, remember?"

"I didn't think it had been that bad"

"It was"

He reaches to touch the scar on my shoulder, one I'd gotten while fighting Druig thousands of years ago. It had been one of the big fights. We'd ended up throwing knives at each other. Mine had cut a gash on his leg and his had cut one on my shoulder.

Ajak refused to heal me. She'd said it had been because of my own actions and therefore I'd have to deal with it on my own.

He leans down, grabbing my shoulder and kissing the scar softly.

"I'm sorry" He looks up his face twisted with regret.

I shake my head, chuckling.

"Are you forgetting that I also did my fair damage on you too?" I ask, pointing out the small scar on his face. I'd thrown a plate at him during one of our screaming matches.

I'd thrown it with so much force that it had shattered on his face. Ajak healed most of his cuts except the smallest ones, giving him the same speech about dealing with our actions.

I lean forward, kissing the scar softly before pulling back. I take his hand, scanning it. The palm of his hand was riddled with scars, the pads of them filled with callouses from years of working.

"Where did you get this one?" I point to a big slash on the back of his hand.

He looks down, watching as I trace it with my own finger.

"Back in the Amazon. The first year I was there was a rough one. One of the villagers didn't build a house well enough and it fell on top of several of them. I was trying to dig out the people trapped and I slashed it against some wood" He explains.

I look up at him, wonder flashing over my face. It was then that I truly understood how much he loved his village.

We're enveloped by silence, the both of us leaning against the balcony railing. I inhale the salty air,  my hair swishing with the slight breeze. I loved November. It was never too hot nor too cold. The name itself was nice. Besides, it had been the month Druig and I had finally reunited, so of course, I might have been a little biased, but I loved it anyway.

"Come back with me," He says suddenly, interrupting my thoughts

He traces small circles and doodles on my arm, his fingers leaving traces of heat on my skin as he moves them around.

I smile, chuckling. My eyes are closed, and I'm focusing on taking in this moment before it's over.

"Yeah, alright" my sarcasm drips off my words. I feel as the sun hits my face, warming me up in the cold November air. The city below us bustled with early morning activity. In the distance, I could hear the clipping of the horses on the carriages, people bustling about to and from the streets, most of them headed to work. 

He stops doodling, completely silent.

I open my eyes then, turning to look at him. His face shows no trace that he'd been joking. My eyes widen.