Chapter 5 - The Party

Start from the beginning

I stared at my phone for a minute smiling until I heard Mrs.Fline clear her throat, I looked up and she was staring at me with an angry expression.

"Ms.Rider, Care to share with the class why your smiling? Because I know it isn't from this assignment." She said in a ascetic tone and a grim look on her face.

"Uhm...." I started to say but then suddenly the bell rung to announce that it is time for lunch. I sighed in relief. Talk about save by the bell. I quickly stood up and slung my purse on my shoulders as I headed towards the cafe.

When I turned the corner to the cafe, I could see Stephen casually leaning against the wall by the soda machines. I started to pick up my pace and take longer strides as I powered walked towards him. When I was finally a couple steps away from him, I took smaller steps so it didn't seem like I was rushing towards him. He turned to face me and stood up from the wall and smiled.

"Hey Cutie." He said as he walked closer to me.

I gave him a small smile back and said "Hi. So, where to?"

"Off campus." He said with a sly but easy going smile. He took my hand in his and led me to the entrance of the school. We started to walk towards the parking lot with his hand still intertwined with mines, we stopped in front of a wide glide Harley Davidson motorcycle, it was black with a flame design on it; there was a helmet hanging off the handle bar, that was identical to the bike. This bike was astonishing. Stephen grabbed the helmet, placed it on my head and locked the straps under my chin. He got on the bike with ease then turned to me with a angelic smile. "Get on." He whispered flirtatiously.

I hesitantly got onto the bike, not as smoothly as Stephen did but thank goodness I wasn't wearing a skirt. I wrapped my arms around his stomach as he started to rev the engine. I suddenly started to hear incoherent yelling, I turned my head around to see the Honey Lake Delinquents running towards us with a hateful expression. Stephen chuckled at their expressions and sped out of the parking lot, I held onto his waist tighter as I closed my eyes tightly. I wonder why they were yelling...

I let the thought slip to the back of my mind as the wind slapped against my skin. After a few minutes the bike started to slow down and we were entering a parking lot at a diner. When he parked the bike, I hopped off of it and easily unlock the straps from the helmet, I shook my head to let my hair untangle a little. I put his helmet onto the handle bar of the bike and interlock our fingers together as we walked towards the diner. Stephen held the door open and gestured for me to walk in, I gave him a thanking smile as I walked him and he nodded his head in response. I looked at the diner wall to see a bold sign that read "Serenity"

We got seated to a booth quickly, I sat across from Stephen as our waitress placed our menu's in front of us.

"Hi, I'm Savannah, Can I get ya'll anything to drink?" She looked like she was in her mid- twenties, she had curly golden blonde hair tied in a messy pony tail and freckles were placed on across her cheeks.

"Iced tea." I told her with a smile.

"Coke." Stephen told her.

"Okay, I'll be right back." She gave us a polite smile then walked off to the kitchen.

I looked around the diner and the name of it really does fit. The surroundings was calm and peaceful, it seemed like we were at a lovely home instead of a diner. I looked at Stephen and let my curiosity get the best of me.

"Do you know the Honey Lake Delinquents?" I asked him with an eyebrow raised.

A smirk made it's way on his lips. "More than you think." I furrowed my eyebrows at him. What is that suppose to mean? I decided to voice my thoughts, "What is that suppose to mean?"