༄ 𝟶𝟷𝟺

Day 3.
To you, it felt like you had just left your village in the morning of the recent day. As you and Kazuha walked through some high grass fields, you firstly thought about what had happened and then a sudden realization hit you.

What were you supposed to do after you brought Kazuha to the city? Like, you knew it would have consequences for you but now that you were officially announced as a criminal, you could never go back, not that you really wanted to, but you couldn't just live somewhere else in Inazuma as well because it wouldn't take long till everyone would know your face and address you as 'the traitor who helped a criminal to escape' or something.

You let out a small sigh as that somehow caught the attention of Kazuha, who was walking in front of you. "Is there something wrong?" Your head perked up as you heard him asking that, not really sure how to explain so you decided to simply not do it. "It's nothing, really" you said, smiling at the male who nodded and looked in front again.

Not long after, you noticed a village not far away and since it wouldn't be much of a detour, you and Kazuha went over to it so that you maybe could get some extra ingredients or a bit of water since you were running short on it.

You entered the village but what surprised you a bit, was that there was no one around. It was the middle of the day and not even the kids were out playing, you thought that it may be abandoned. "Kazuha, did you visit this village before?" You asked after knowing that he traveled in this area before as well.
"No I just saw it from a distance but we never came here" he answered while looking around as well before he went over to one of the houses and slightly knocked.

You waited for at least a minute but nothing happened. "I think there is a high possibility that no one is living here anymore" The male said while retreating back to where you stood. "Maybe we can search around the village then and see if we find anyone. And if not, I think it wouldn't be a problem if we would take some reinforcements with us" you suggested to what Kazuha just nodded.

"Ok great then, I would say we split up, that would save some time" you said as the male hesitated for a second but then he agreed anyways. "Ok. But be on guard, I have a strange feeling about this village"
He said as you nodded and then the two of you went in different directions to look around.

After you took a closer look at all the buildings, it was obvious that there was no one around for at least a few month. You entered a small house and the wooden furnitures were full of dust and spider webs. But what surprised you, was that it didn't looked like the villagers collected their things before leaving, it was more like they left in a hurry. On the table still laid a opened book near an old cup of some liquid in it that you thought was tea. Well, it sure smelled better as it was fresh. There was also a plate with some bread that was just half eaten and in the back, there were some pictures of a family in a broken picture frame. The photo was old and the quality was definitely not the best but you could see two parents with their small son on it.

You looked through the drawers of the dresser in the room but there was nothing you needed in it so you went in the two other rooms, seeing that it was the bedroom and the other a small bathroom.

"Guess I won't find anything useful at this rate..."
You said to yourself, rubbing the back of your head as you suddenly heard a slight noise from the front of the house, causing you to grab the hilt of your sword and turn around immediately.

It was silent once again as you didn't moved an inch before after a minute or so, you silently went out of the room and to the front, looked around just to see that nobody was there. You sighed and loosened the grip on your sword a bit as you were suddenly startled again by a crow flying into the house, just mere inches past your face. "What the hell?!" You saw the crow making a small turn before it landed on the dining table and picked on the bread that was still on its former place on the plate before the animal looked up at you and stared into your eyes what only caused you to shiver before you left the house.