༄𝟶𝟷𝟶

The next morning arrived quickly as the sun rose at the horizon, shining down at the fields of the small village that you and Kazuha were resting while the sound of birds chirping was heard from afar. It wasn't that late when you woke up along with the male and the old couple that let you stay in their house, insisted on you staying with them for breakfast. You had to admit, it was really delicious food that the old lady had prepared and it had a great difference from the one that you would get back at your own village.

Kazuha smiled a bit at the food you two got, also not used to it as he enjoyed it as much as he could.

After you ate up, you really didn't wanted to bother the two helpful villagers anymore and collected your stuff to continue on your journey. "Thank you so much again for letting us stay over night,
Hiyori-San, Haru-san. We're really grateful for your help" you bowed as the white haired male beside you did the same. He did not talk that much the whole time but to you, he seemed quite happy.

"Feel free to visit us again in the future" the old female called behind them as you happily waved at them while leaving the village again, walking alongside Kazuha on a small path that was leading into a forest soon again.

"You really seem to enjoy meeting new people, don't you?" It surprises you that Kazuha was the to ask this question but you soon grinned at this and nodded your head in excitement. "Yes I do! I never meet much people but I love making new friends! I think that many think I'm weird because of my attitude but I don't care!" You said, eying the male with glimmering eyes as looked at you for a moment before averting his gaze forward.

It was silent for just a few moments before the former samurai suddenly spoke up again.
"You wanted to hear something about me, I think you said?" "Huh? Oh yeah! You told me about your relaxing life, it kinda made me jealous" you said, thinking back about him telling you that he basically was just wandering around all day.

"...I had a friend, his name was Tomo" Kazuha then began, causing your attention to completely focus on his words, eager to hear what he was about to say.
"I already knew him since our childhood when he helped me to practice with a weapon. I just wielded a wooden stick back then but made multiple mistakes in my stance and the way I was holding it" he laughed at the memory a bit before continuing.

"I think that I wouldn't be able to be a Samurai without Tomo's help. After that, he accompanied me on my way till the vision hunt decree broke out the first time" that was when the small smile on his lips vanished and turned into a frown. "He wanted to something against the decree and the only way he saw out of that situation was to face the Raiden Shogun herself. That was not long ago..."

Your listened carefully to what the male told with big eyes, patiently waiting for him to finish. "I guess you already know how it ended. It wasn't easy for me, especially since I couldn't do anything about it back then. If only I would have come sooner..."

"Kazuha" you stopped in your tracks as the male did as well, a bit confused about why you suddenly stopped walking. "Firstly, I'm honestly glad that you opened up to me... maybe it's not much but it means a lot to me" you smiled, seeing this as a sign for him trustingly even the slightest bit more. "But as far I can interpret your words right know, you think that his death is your fault, right?" You asked, only to receive no answer from the male what told you enough.

"I wasn't there when it happened so it's not my place to judge, but Kazuha, I can tell that no matter what happened, it is not your fault. You told me you have come to late, but if you would have come in time, then it would probably be Thoma walking beside me right now, talking about how he was not strong enough to protect the friend that had saved his life.
Don't blame yourself for such things, it's not doing anyone anything good, your just hurting yourself with that" you said as Kazuha was not really able to say a single word, thinking about what you just said to him.

But then he smiled, closing his eyes as his head adverted to the ground. To be honest, he didn't expected you to say something like this but in the end, he was quite glad about it. And he was glad that he made the decision to tell you about it because he wasn't able to talk about this with anyone before.

He looked up again as the male was about to say something, but got interrupted as he quickly pulled you from your spot toward him before an extreme loud crashing sound erupted right in front of the two. You quickly glanced back only to be faced with an, what seemed to be Oni.

It was a tall creature, about 2 and a half meters that towered above the two of you with a huge wooden haunch that had something that looked like nails attached to it. The Oni was an worn out, silver and yellow armor that only covered his right chest and arm and his abandoned to his lower legs. His skin color was rather dark and hat a red hue in it while his nails were short and broken. The Oni's face seemed just like the masks that you saw in your village a few times and he had two long and sharp teeth that were shown while his eyes glowed in a yellow tone.
He had two horns on the sides of his head as well as a few tattoos all over his body.

The creature breathed heavily as you just stared at in it shock, never actually seeing an Oni before.

"Run" was all Kazuha said as the two of you not hesitated any longer to run towards the forest nearby to get to a hiding spot. Sure, you could try and fight the Oni but you were well aware of the fact that where one of those were located, it's comrades would not be far away, so it would not be the smartes decision to stay and wait for another five of this to come and join.

It didn't took long till you heard the heavy and loud footsteps following behind and you were shocked at how fast the 'titan' seemed to run as you were barely able to reach the forest before he was able to swing his weapon at you again. Even though it wasn't planned, you and Kazuha split up an accident as you ran through the thick forest, just trying to find a save spot.

As Kazuha noticed that you wasn't behind him anymore and as well the footsteps of the Oni turning into another direction, he stopped running.
"( Y/N )?" He called out but you seemed not to be near him anymore. "Damn it".

As for you, you finally succeeded to hide behind a few rocks that were quite big, trying to catch your breath a bit and to calm down. You looked around you, not seeing your companion nearby as well but to be honest, you were a bit glad about that after hearing the footsteps of the oni slowing down as he walked your way. It at least meant that Kazuha wasn't in danger... probably.

But then you realized, he indeed was walking your way, what only make you worry once again.
"Oh shit shit shit what the hell does that titan want?! Levi please come and safe me" you whisper shouted as you gripped your sword with one hand.

"Ok ok come on ( Y/N ), you can do that" you said, kneeling on the forest ground that was covered moss before carefully looking around the corner.

...

Kazuha then suddenly heard a scream not too far away as his head shot up before he hurried over to where it came from, knowing that it came from you as he held the hilt of his sword already, ready to take it out and fight.

He jumped over a few fallen trees that laid in his way before he finally arrived at the huge stone where you went to before while the male's eyes widened at his sight.