Chapter Sixty nine

😏😏

I awoke to the sound of sweet, sweet bickering. I took notice of the other empty bed and assumed that Niki had already gotten up. Groaning, I got out of bed, threw on a jacket and headed towards the commotion. Voices grew louder as I neared them. 

"Just leave, we're not going to fall for any of your tricks!" 

"I'm offering you my help in the war that you're no doubt planning!"

"We don't want your help!"

I had to be honest, loud voices in the early hours of the morning ; it pissed me off. It was evident on my face and as I came into view, the bickering died down. They all turned and looked at me and I just stared back at the familiar orange fur that I hadn't seen in a while. 

"Fundy." I acknowledged. I glanced around. "And everyone else." I folded my arms. "Well, don't stop on my account. What's going on?" I pointed at Fundy. "And why is he here?"

"I found him in the woods when I was out." Quackity explained. "He said that he was looking for the rest of us because he wanted to join our side." He said shrugging. 

"And, Quackity, being the complete idiot he is, brought him back, right here to us!" Niki said, raising her voice. 

"He seemed genuine!" Quackity shouted defensively. 

"Did you forget that he worked for Schlatt, Big Q?" Tubbo argued. 

"Well, so did I! And now I'm fighting on your side, am I not?" 

"I just can't stay in Manburg any longer, I think I'm going to go insane!" Fundy pleaded. "Please, just let me join. Besides, you need all the help that you can get, right?"

"Right." I said. "But do you expect us to forget about the time you were prepared to shoot us to death at the election?" I challenged. 

"I never meant to kill someone!" Fundy exclaimed, exasperated. 

"You almost did." I said coldly, referring to Wilbur. I glanced over to him and saw him bowing his head and staring at the floor. 

"Yeah, do you know how much shit you put us through, Fundy?" Tommy said, angrily. 

The rest of them continued to bicker as my mind wandered off into thought. I hadn't forgotten about Fundy's betrayal, or when he lashed out at me. Of course I didn't forgive him. Not to mention he burnt down the L'manburg flag and happily took down the walls and obeyed Schlatt's orders. 

I suddenly noticed that Techno wasn't there. I frowned. I knew Techno, he would always get up at the crack of dawn and crack on with his work so he couldn't be in bed still. And I know that he wouldn't miss something like this to get on with mining or whatever. So, where was he?

"You know what?" Fundy suddenly shouted, pulling me from my thoughts. "Let my dad choose. He's in charge, after all." He turned to face Wilbur, who stared back at him with empty eyes. "It's your decision." Fundy said quietly. 

Wilbur looked around at everyone with a pained expression. He took his while to think about it but I think that everyone already knew what the answer would be, even before he said it out loud. Because no matter how crazy and far-gone Wilbur might be right now, he would still want to know that his son didn't hate him. He wanted Fundy to redeem himself. 

"Welcome to the team, Fundy."

**************************************

I don't think I was the only one that was upset with Wilbur's choice but what did put me at ease a little was Techno's reaction when he came back from his trip to the nether. He didn't say anything, just nodded, before retreating back to his room, meaning that, according to his judgement, Fundy wasn't a threat to us. And, as much as I hate to say it, his judgement is usually right.