Chapter three

Me and Tommy both spun around at the voice. We were greeted by the sight of Wilbur in his L'manburg jacket, his curly brown hair sat a mess on top of his head. His tall, and I mean TALL, figure stood there with his arms crossed looking at us.

"Ayy, Wilbur, my friend!" Tommy greeted him awkwardly. I tried not to laugh at his failed attempt to make conversation. 

"Y/n, aren't you supposed to be resting?" Wilbur ignores Tommy and turns to look at me. 

"I'm feeling much better now." I answer, keeping my tone and expression as innocent as I could master. 

"Great! Then we can finally talk!" Wilbur says, clapping his hands together, pretending to be all cheerful. Me and Tommy shot each other a look ; we both know that we were in a lot of trouble. We followed Wilbur back into the van and into a small room where we held all the important meetings of L'manburg. Currently, it was empty. Wilbur sank into a plastic chair and signalled for us to sit down too. 

"So, care to tell me what you two were doing out in the SMP territory so late at night?"

Tommy looked at me uneasily. Usually, when we got into trouble, I would do most of the talking, since Wilbur seems to have a soft spot for me. 

"We were getting more resources." I lied through my teeth. Wilbur raised his eyebrow.

"Resources? For what?" 

"For the war of course." I answered. 

"Ah, yes. The war." He said "The war that starts tomorrow. The war that Dream declared on us because you two were caught on his land after dark!"

Tommy and I both stood up suddenly, outraged. 

"You can't fucking blame this on us Wil!" Tommy shouted.

"War was inevitable either way, it wasn't our fault!" I added. 

Wilbur sighed. "I know, I'm sorry. but you have to expect some form of punishment for breaking the rules."

"Was getting stabbed in the arm not enough of a punishment?" Wilbur ignores me.

"You two are to stay in the med van until further notice." Wilbur ignores both me and Tommy's protests as he walks out of the van, locking the door. Tommy turns to look at me.

"He has to let us out tomorrow. He's not going to let us sit out the war." 

I nod and sat down on one of the med beds. The problem with me being friends with Tommy was that both of us have a temper that we can't control. Tubbo tells us that we are both too reckless for our own good. Speaking of the devil. 

"Hello?" Tubbo opens the door and comes in. Me and Tommy both go rushing up to him. 

"Tubbo, please, get us out of here, we're gonna die!" I beg dramatically.

"Tubbo, he said that he was gonna leave us in here without any food or water! You have to help us!" Tommy says. Tubbo pushes us away. 

"You guys are so dramatic." We both smile and shrugged. Tubbo sighs and sits down on one of the beds. 

"But, there is a flower field that Fundy found the other day that I wanted to explore..." He says. Me and Tommy both sit up. 

"Too bad you guys can't come." He sighs dramatically and looks at us. "Unless you don't tell Wilbur that I let you out?"

"You got yourself a deal." Tommy grinned and jumped up. I followed his lead and the three of us snuck out of the van and past the gates of L'manburg. In his hands, Tubbo was holding a map that Fundy had lent him that led to the flower field. We followed him, weapons in hand to protect ourselves from any monsters that might be hiding in the shadows. But we all knew that, right now, monsters were not what we were actually scared of. The wound in my arm tingled at the thought of it. 

Tubbo led us out of the forest - thankfully- and into a flat plains biome, teeming with multicolored flowers, covering the field like a large, rainbow blanket. There were a few bunnies hopping around and a couple of-

"Bees!" Tubbo screams excitedly. "Oh my god, I love bees!" He runs off towards them. I saw Tommy looking at him with a weirded out expression on his face. I elbowed him in the side.

"OW, WHAT WAS THAT FOR WOMAN?" 

"Don't judge him."

"I wasn't!"

"Yeah right." 

Tommy glared at me and walked off towards Tubbo.

"Wow, so now you're leaving me alone in a field of flowers? You're breaking my heart Tommy!" I said. He flipped me off and I laugh to myself and sat down under a nearby tree. Everything was so peaceful and I should have known that it would be the last time for a long time that my mind would be at peace. The sun was just about to set when Tubbo skips over to me and hands me something colorful and limp. I look at the pink, yellow and red flower crown that he placed in my hands and smiled at him. I put the crown on, making sure that the prettiest flower was at the front. Tommy runs over to us, almost tripping over his own feet. He holds out a tangle of stems and flowers, showing it to me.

"Tubbo taught me how to make a flower crown!" He said proudly. He put the crown on. Unlike mine and the blue and green flower crown that sat on top of Tubbo's head, Tommy's flower crown was a bit... messy. The red and white petals were clinging onto the flower for dear life and the stems were too long and uneven but Tommy looked so happy I couldn't bring myself to tell him. I notice the basket that Tubbo was holding. 

"What's in there?" I asked him. Tubbo smiled and opened the basket. He showed me a blue, purple and pink flower crown. 

"I made it for Eret since he spent all day yesterday farming with me and teaching me to fight!" He says. I smile at him. 

"I'm sure he'll love it." 

"I hope so." He puts the flower crown back into his basket. "We should probably get going before the sun sets. We don't want to be in Dream's territory after dark." 

Me and Tommy both nod and we started to head back. Fortunately, we made it back to the van without running into Dream or Wilbur finding out that we had left. Thank the primes for that. 

We said goodbye to Tubbo as he left to give Eret his flower crown and me and Tommy started talking about our tower again. We were just discussing where to build it when the door opened. Standing in the doorway was Wilbur's tall frame. He walked towards us and sat down on the bed opposite us. 

"So, I'm sure you've know-" He starts but then stops. His eyes gazed at the flower crowns on our heads. "Where did you get those from?" 

"Tubbo made them for us." Tommy answered. "He went to explore a flower field today and brought these back for us."

"He made both of you a flower crown but didn't make me one?" Wilbur says, putting his hand on his chest in mock sadness. 

"Don't sulk" I said and took off my flower crown and walked over to him. Even sitting down, I still had to go onto my tiptoes to put the crown onto his brown curls. He smiles at me and I notice how vivid the dark purple bags are under his eyes. 

"So what were you guys just talking about?" He asks us.

"We were just discussing where to build our tower." Tommy says. Wilbur gives both of us a weird look. 

"There is literally going to be a war tomorrow and you guys are talking about towers?"

"Why would we talk about war? I mean it's nothing new." Tommy says. 

"Aren't you supposed to be the vice president as well?" Wilbur says to him. Tommy just shrugs.

"Politics are overrated anyways." I say and Tommy laughs.

"AMEN" He shouts. "WOMAN POG" 

"Woman pog indeed." I grinned. Wilbur smiles at our immaturity.

"Anyways I was saying, there is a war tomorrow and we need all the help that we can get." Wilbur says. "Which means you are both free to go and prepare for tomorrow."

"Thank god!"

"Finally we're free!" me and Tommy both fist bump and then run out of the van. 

We could not have left the vehicle any faster.