Can't Go Back to What We Were

Start from the beginning

"You know how to get back right?" Nina asks as she hands you a potion vile. "Yes. I'll be back in three days. Won't even miss me." "Oh my darling I'll miss you the second you're gone. But I shall endure. Now off with you and please remember to have fun." She says with a kiss to your cheek. In a flash you arrive at the rainbow bridge. Your parents already there to meet you. You run into your father's large, open arms. "Welcome home sweetheart." "Glad to be home." You sigh as you walk to the palace for the first time in a decade. You tell your parents all about Queen Nina and all the things you do as her consort. You show off your beautiful elven dresses and jewelry. "How come you have a tiara?" Your mother asks looking at it on your nightstand. "Oh I got it when I first arrived. Queen Nina said it was to display royal court position. Should I not wear it to the wedding?" You ask worried it would be rude. "Definitely wear it. Be proud of your station. You are visiting nobility after all." She muses, happy that you are happy with your duties.

The big day arrives and you are excited. You wear your golden chiffon dress that hugs you in all the right places. You were escorted by a palace guard to your seat in the throne room. The ceremony begins and Thor notices you right away. You give him a smile and he a wink. Everyone stands for the bride and she is breathtaking. With vows exchanged and Odin giving his blessing everyone retreats to the dinning hall. You meet up with your parents again while they are talking with Queen Frigga. "Oh my dear you came. You look beautiful. I hear Queen Nina is head over heals for you. Thor will be so pleased you're here. You must meet his darling wife Jane, you'll love her." She hums as she guides you through the crowd to meet with the newlyweds. "Ah (Y/N) I'm ecstatic that you're here. Hope the journey wasn't terrible. This is Jane and this is (Y/N) she and her parents are members of court. Now she is consort to an elf Queen." Thor says as you curtsy to the new princess. "Hello princess Jane. It's an honor to make your acquaintance." "Oh please don't curtsy. I'm just a Midgardian scientist. I'm not used to all this princess stuff." She laughs as Thor finds someone new to talk to. "May I ask what a consort is?" "Oh just a companion to a royal. I go everywhere with Queen Nina. I help with everything from party guest lists to advice on royal decisions. In my ten years of service we have become a very close friends." Just then music begins to play and it's one of your favorites. Jane can see your excitement. "Is this a traditional dance?" "Yes it's one where you switch partners. If you please excuse me I must join." With a nod you join the large group in the middle of the dinning hall. One by one you dance with different partners. You're having a wonderful time till a voice shatters everything. "Hello little one." It rasps as you look into sickening familiar eyes. You try to get away but if you do it will cause other dancers to bump into you. "Ah ah don't want to ruin the dance now. I've waited so long to have you back in my arms. I noticed you still use the same perfume. Oh my sweet (Y/N) how I've missed you." "I was assured you would not be here Loki." You growl, his name, bitter on your tongue. "You really think I'd miss my own brother's wedding?" You roll your eyes as you continue the dance. "Look at you all grown up and fetching as ever. I see you ran off to the elves by your clothing but you are still wearing my colors. How delightful." He purrs in your ear before nuzzling his nose into your hair. "Please get off of me your highness." You sneer before breaking free of his grip. You walk quickly out of the room so you don't cause a scene. He just grins as he uses his magic to cause one, letting everyone know he has arrived. Frigga is visibly shocked to see her youngest son home. He told her he wasn't going to come and with his words she assured you that it would be safe to come home. She searches desperately through the crowd of people but can't find you. After Loki has finished with his parlor tricks he expects a warm welcome from his mother. "Hello moth..." "You ridiculous little boy. You have no idea what you have done." She scolds, interrupting him. "What I've done? I just made my brother's day for being here for his wedding. Even though I'm a tad late. I blame the time zones." She quickly grabs him by the ear and marches him out of the room. Once the doors are closed she really lets him have an earful. "You gave me your word Loki that you wouldn't be here. Using that I gave my word to Queen Nina that her consort would be safe to come here. Without worry of being around you. Do you have any idea what your actions could cause?" "Oh please mother it's just (Y/N)." He sighs as he crosses his arms. "That's Lady (Y/N) to you, you selfish boy! What if she tells Queen Nina I lied to her? Do you really want to explain to your father that Asgard has lost an ally? Or you're the cause of a war between the elves?" "It's really not that drastic." "Yes it is Loki. You need to go to your room till I clean up this mess." She says point to the direction of his bedroom.