Chapter 1: Shiroi

Start from the beginning

Within an instant, with absolutely no glimpse of the slightest hesitation, she moved her arm around my waist, pulled my wet body onto hers, and moved the umbrella on top of us. I felt the blood within my cheeks boiling, and a rouge stroke of rose petals faded within my cheeks.    For some reason, I didn't pull back...She was so warm, and it was so cold. Her smell... Even though so many years have passed, I can still recall and perfectly remember how she smelled. A soft mixture of roses and jasmine. I met her face, and my eyes locked on her shinny, full of curiosity brown ones. There was something so appealing within those eyes. Something indigenously charming and irresistible that could easily blindfold and allure. Her touch, as soft and gentle as the scarf that she gently wrapped around my neck. No...I didn't mind at all that she was holding me so intimately... For an instant, the desire to close my eyes and let go empowered my numbness. How long was I lying steal within your perfect long arms, and for how long did you hold me without asking a single word? Our brilliant, unspoken moonlight promises my Shiroi...

"Are you okay?"Her deep voice waved good morning to my mind, and the blush within my cheeks grew brighter.

"Yes... I'm so sorry."

"I saw you chasing this from down the street. I was just about to assist, but it flew up here so, I decided to wait for you", the stranger grinned, "What's your name?"

"My name?"

"Yes."

"Aoyagi Michiru"

"Michiru?" she smiled,

"What a beautiful name you have, my lady. I'm Shiroi. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you," I added shyly.

"Is your house close by?"

"I live in Osaka."

"Osaka?! Heh! And where are you going to stay in this weather?"

I suddenly faced my watch and panicked."I have to rush to the train station, or I'll miss the train!"

"Look," she said softly and touched my wet blouse. "You are all wet. No way I'm letting you take the train to Osaka in these clothes. You'll catch a cold. My house is nearby. You can stay there till the rain stops."

I forced myself to search for her eyes, desperately trying to identify the slightest trace of corruption.

"But...I have nothing to wear."

"Don't worry, I have lots of shirts you can borrow."I looked up at her once more, wondering if it was okay to go home alone with a man 2 times taller than me.

"Okay."

She grinned, her perfect white teeth shining beautifully in front of me."Well, then allow me," to my surprise, she unbuttoned her shirt, placed it on my shoulders, and remained only in a small white vest. I gasped.

"What's wrong?" She worried.

"You are a girl?!"

She looked down at her chest and then up at my shocked face; after a minute of silence, a burst of loud, melodic laughter escaped her lips. I hugged the shirt tighter, begging for it to conceal my stupidity. She picked up my bags and pointed the way to her house.

"Does that mean you won't come with me now?" she chuckled.

"Of course not! I'm relieved!"

"Heh," she smiled and looked at me ." Now little lady, take a piece of advice from me. Gender is not really that important. If a woman my size wanted to hurt you, she'd hurt you too. You shouldn't trust strangers so quickly."

I raised my eyebrow.

"Is that a warning?"

"Well, I'm not a stranger anymore, am I?" she laughed as we made a right turn.