-21-

Olivia Green

When we reached the drug store, she held my hand and laced our fingers. She didn't know what was going on but she followed without question. I got to a certain isle and seen what I needed. I felt Scarlet's grip on my hand tighten but I just grabbed every test they had on the shelf and we walked to the counter. I set all 8 on the counter and the woman at the register gave me a worried look. I just nodded and she started scanning them.. when she was done, I gave her my money and literally had to borrow 3 more dollars from Scarlet to buy them.. We took the bag and went out to her car. When we got in, she grabbed my hand again and looked me in the eyes. 

"Please tell me.. I mean, I understand what's going on but... ya know, context?"

I nod slowly and feel my eyes fill with tears. I don't look away from her eyes though.. They're so comforting..

"My boyfriend and I.. this sounds so dumb.. we never even considered being careful.. Like the fact that I could get pregnant wasn't even in our minds.. and.. well.. I've been sick a lot.. and smells of certain things make me sick.. and.. I just realized.."

She nodded then pulled me into a hug over the center console of her car. I started crying and she held me tighter. 

"Wanna take them in my apartment? All 8?"

The last part made me giggle a bit, which was her intention, and I nodded. We pulled away from each other but I didn't let her hand go. We drove back to the apartments and used the elevator to go to hers.. When we got inside, she lead me to the bathroom while saying "Don't mind the house, it's kinda a mess." but of course I didn't mind. I was just so fucking grateful for her..

We got to the bathroom and she handed me a cup after we had all the tests opened and ready.

I stared at it then looked back at her with confusion written all over my face.

"I've had to take a pregnancy test before.. I took three.. not eight.. but still, It's easier to pee in a cup then soak them all in the pee so, ya know, you can take them all at once easier."

I nodded then she said "I'll turn away while you pee in the cup" I nodded again and she turned around. We had already opened all the tests so I just pulled my pants down and held the cup under me.. I did quite a successful job, didn't get any on me or anything, then I slid my jeans back up and awkwardly said "Uh.. Done" and she turned around and took the cup from my hands. She grabbed all the tests and set them all into the pee. 

I slid my back down the wall and folded my legs into my chest. She left the cup on the counter and sat right in front of me on her knees. She reached forwards, taking my face in her hands, then she kissed my forehead. I immediately wrapped my arms around her and cuddled into her chest. She held onto me and rubbed little circles and other patterns into my back as we waited.. 

A good 5 minutes go by and I hear her whisper "Do you wanna look now?" 

I shake my head 'no'

"Do you wanna look with your boyfriend?" 

I violently shook my head 'no'.

She sighed and asked "Can I look?"

I looked up and we made eye contact. I slowly nodded and she gave me a small, sad, but reassuring smile.

She pulled herself away from me and stood up. "Okay.. I'm gonna look"

I nod and she turns around and takes the cup in her hands.. I watch her body language carefully as she examines all the tests.. She stares for way too long. I jump up and grab the cup and the tests.. I look at all of them.