Take Care #2

B stayed on your mind the rest of the day. You'd managed to enjoy it, but she was always on the back of your mind. As you were boarding your plane, you wondered when you would hear from her again. You had no idea where she was off too now, and you rarely asked, but you always wondered. The unexpected money meant you were able to upgrade to first class last minute, and you slept like a baby in the pod like bed I'm first class, woken up for food twice and eventually enjoying a few shows as you woke yourself up to adjust to the new timezone. You were tired, but excited and you grinned as the pilot announced you would be landing in Italy soon.

You'd chosen a small City where you would be able to afford a house instead of renting a hotel. It was close enough you could drive to a bigger city while being charming all on its own. $10 later you'd let B know you'd made it to your destination and she'd wished you a safe and fun trip. You were surprised how quickly she answered but you wondered if that was just because she was somewhere in a similar timezone now.

Your driver took you to the hotel, and he rambled on excitedly about what there was to do locally. He was all smiles as he explained a celebrity had recently landed and he'd recommended a few beaches and restaurants, providing you with a few of the same. You thanked him and left him with a $50 tip since he carried your luggage all the way inside.

You scoped out your temporary home for the next 2 weeks and smiled at the view of a vineyard off in the distance.

"Definitely need to try the wine," you spoke, eyes taking in the decorations.

It cost the majority of your budget but damn it was worth it

It cost the majority of your budget but damn it was worth it. Especially when B had given you more than enough to cover it. There you go again thinking about her. You wonder where she was now. If she had stayed in nice places like this and if she would like it too. You suppose being soulmates it wasn't too weird but she was still mostly a stranger. For all you could know she could be some old hag. Or worse...a white woman. The thought made you frown.

You shook your head and checked out the bedroom, pulling out clothes from your luggage to shower so you can explore the city. You let your hair out natural today, enjoying the breeze that flowed through it. A call on a local prepaid phone you bought at the airport later and a taxi was on the way. You'd brushed up on some basic Italian, having had a year to prepare, so you were able to direct him to go towards the nearby Beach town, where you could eat and enjoy the water.