CHAPTER 36 - WHO PLAYED WHOM?

Hi lovelies,

Chapter 36 is here and it is dedicated to @TheWritingAlien :D

****

RAGI:

Ragi, aka finger millet, is pretty in pink but tastes bland. However, it's also an excellent source of calcium that helps in strengthening bones for growing children and aged people. It is one of the most nutritious cereals and rich in iron, so very good for people battling anemia.

It's a good choice for diabetics as it's rich in amino acids. Studies have shown that ragi controls blood glucose levels. It is also known to boost skin health and resist wrinkles and sagging, which in turn keeps skin young. Besides this, ragi is also a natural antidepressant, and the amino acids present in ragi work as natural relaxants.

Ragi mudde and ragi rotti are how it's most commonly consumed by the people of my state. Like I said, alone it does taste bland and needs either a curry or must be mixed with several other ingredients to get some taste because ragi is all-encompassing and takes on the flavor of the dish.

___

"Learn well how to think right and then be your own shepherd, otherwise you shall be the unlucky sheep of all sorts of cunning shepherds!"
Mehmet Murat ildan

___

CHAPTER 36 - WHO PLAYED WHOM?

"When Harpy queen Elizaveta learned about the youngest child of Queen Magdalena, she cackled in joy. She had killed four of Magdalena's warrior son's and she rejoiced at the thought of killing the daughter too. Her soldiers warned her that the daughter was unlike the sons. Born to an angel, Cyrena was an unbeatable force in the battle field but Elizaveta paid no heed to their words.

Flying into the battle, she was shaken to see the power Cyrena possessed and the bodies she dropped to the ground. As the battle continued, the Harpy clan began losing more and more of their soldiers and Elizaveta knew she had to come up with a plan.

Encouraged by Queen Magdalena, Cyrena was high on motivation and Elizaveta planned to destroy the strong bond the mother and daughter shared.

Swarming Cyrena in the battlefield, the Harpy soldiers distracted her and using that opportunity Elizaveta attacked Magdalena and sunk her fangs into the fairy queen's neck. As queen Magdalena dropped to the ground, paralysed by Harpy venom, the fairies rushed into to save her.

Horrified to learn that her mother had been bitten by a harpy, Cyrena dropped her guard and the fairies lost that day. The physicians tried their best to save the queen but the venom was too deep into her body and the only way to save her was to have Elizaveta suck back the venom.

Desperate to save her mother, Cyrena went into the enemy's colony, alone and unarmed seeking help from the Harpy queen. Gleeful at the success of her plan, Elizaveta gave Cyrena a choice to save her mother or to step away from the battlefield. It was a choice that put Cyrena in a fix because she was born to kill the Harpies and if she stepped away from the battle then the harpies would continue killing innocent people.

Unable to come to a decision, a dejected Cyrena returned home to her mother, who was lying on the bed and shared with her the choice Elizaveta had given to her. Queen Magdalena only smiled and asked her daughter to do the right thing.

Even while knowing what the right thing was, Cyrena found herself unable to do it and so, her queen and mother, made one last wish and issued one last command at her.