004. girlfriends...(?!)

Start from the beginning

Four days ago. She finally asked you to be her girlfriend!

Well, okay... Maybe 'asked' is a bit of a stretch.

Four days ago, she was helping you study for a mid-term via FaceTime,

(SaeByeok lives off campus as well, back at home with her mother and little brother whom she takes care of, and avoids coming to college unnecessarily as much as possible... She's not much of a people person.)

Anyways...

Her kid brother, Cheol interrupted your study sess, asking who his sister was on the phone with. She replied saying, and you quote—

"My girlfriend."

Your heart nearly exploded.

You're her girlfriend!?!?! I mean, sure, you guys have been getting closer, and your relationship has certainly surpassed the status of college acquaintances who share each other's notes...

    Sometimes, Saebyeok seems to be quite fond of your company... and spooning you, and making out with you all the time, and sleeping over at your place, and leaving her hoodies and toothbrush at your apartment... and maybe you've seen her naked once or twice, and or had sex in the backseat of her car...

But girlfriends!?!

This is big news to you. And it leaves you feeling... Some type of way.

You like her. You like her a lot. And the fact that she spoke to Cheol, the human she loves most on this planet, about your little 'ol existence? It proves she likes you just as much.

Or so you assume. You can't really be sure if your love-sick mind had misinterpreted the whole girlfriend-Cheol-facetime thing— Yet, the rousing scent of Saebyeok's oversized tapestry hoodie you're wearing and the enthralling influence tainting your sense of wit just won't leave it to chance.

Fuck the english paper. You need pure pellucidity straight from the horse's mouth, and you're determined to get it — That, and maybe a little something else too...

With fidgety fingers, you tend to your cellphone's call list, fishing for that freckle-faced contact photo in an unbidden blur.

You've never called her this late before, and the last thing you want to do is scare her off after she (possibly) just made things official, but your morals are missing at the moment.

She picks up the phone on the first ring, which isn't unusual, but it still makes your heart beat berserk each time.

"Yeah?" The sultry sound of her voice is buried under swift breeze, honking cars, and diluted laughs commencing in the background.

Where ever she is, it's crowded. It sounds like she's passing near a pile of traffic on a sleepless city street.

You furrow your brows, almost taken aback by the fact that she's out and about this late.

"Where are you right now?" You ask while fighting back a grin, a snarky twinge interlacing your vocals.

Saebyeok is a homebody, and you're positive that you have to be one of the couple people she enjoys enough to spend her free time with on a Friday night.