The elevator opened its doors and we walked our way out headed directly to the board room. The seven gentleman together with four women stood up as soon as we entered the room.

"Good morning, Mr. Avondal..." Sabay sabay nilang pagbati kay Dad, naramdaman ko na ang kaunting kaba sa dibdib ko ng makita ko ang sampung board members sa harapan namin. They look at me with smiles on their faces so I smiled back. Karamihan sakanila ay mukhang mga ka edaran din ni Dad, some looks younger in their mid 40's.

"Good morning everyone, you may take your seats" Pagbati ni Dad and they all seated, Dad and I remain standing infront of all of them.

"As I said to you on our last meeting, my daughter will be the one who's going to manage our business here in Manila while I'm focusing our business in the states. I would like you to guide her to all of the important details regarding to our company to help her understand how can she properly manage the company. I gave you my complete trust that you will help her along the way," Dad pronounced to the whole board members and they all nodded their head as a response.

"Don't worry Mr. Avondal we will guide your daughter like how you've guided us from the start. What's your name again Iha?" Tanong sakin ng isang babae, she looks kind but professional looking. I smiled at her.

"I'm Zole Louella Avondal po Ma'am, its a pleasure to meet you all. I'm looking forward in working with all of you, I know that you all will guide me well enough like how my Dad guided me," I said and they all gave me a warm smile.

"You have a gorgeous daughter beside you Mr. Avondal, may nanliligaw na ba sakanya? Would you let your daughter be courted by a guy though?" Tanong ng isang board member and all of them laughed. Napatingin naman sakin si Dad and we both just laughed at each other as well.

"Of course I would let a man to court my daughter, hindi ko naman siya mapipigilan kung magmamahal siya ng ibang lalaki diba? Just make sure you'll pick the best man for you anak okay? Yung hindi ka na sasaktan ulit, I hate it when I see you hurting," Dad reassured me and that makes my smile fade and so as my Dads. His now looking at me worriedly and I can't help but to breath heavily and held his hand.

"Don't worry Dad, it won't happen again... I assure you that," I said and smiled at him. Buong akala ni Dad ay naghiwalay kami ni Nolan noon dahil niloko ako ni Nolan, but his wrong. I actually needed to clear that part to him, but I don't know when or do I really need to even mentioned that. Matagal na kaming wala ni Nolan, I don't think he will still be interested knowing the truth behind our break up.

"I really hope so anak. Anyways, ladies and gentleman I would also like you to know that my daughter is fighting from a chronic illness. As of the moment she's in stable condition, but if you notice her not feeling well please don't force her to overwork herself. Kung may problema dito sa kompanya and she's not feeling well ako nalang ang iinform nyo regarding the problem. Is that clear?" That said, most of them are shocked of what my Dad said.

"She's sick? Kailan pa?" Tanong ng isa, I really needed to know their names dahil magkakatrabaho na kami simula ngayon.

"She's been fighting this disease for five years already. We don't know kung saan niya nakuha ang sakit na 'to, the doctor saids it may be heredity but wala naman sa pamilya naming mag asawa ang nagkaroon ng ganitong klaseng sakit. Its a lifetime disease, gustuhin man namin na tuluyan siyang gumaling, her medicines are just to control her Lupus not to trigger. Please don't look down on her despite of her illness, she's a strong and smart woman like her mother... Alam kong makakaya niyang patakbuhin ang kompanya na 'to kahit na may ganito siyang klaseng kondisyon," Dagdag ni Dad and he patted my shoulder.

"I assure you, hindi makakasagabal ang sakit ko sa magandang pagpapatakbo ng kompanya. I've been battling this illness half a decade already, I know how to handle myself... hindi ko rin naman pinipilit ang sarili ko if I know it would make my condition worse. Please trust me that I can maintain the growth of our company with my own hands, I would not let our company down especially the trust that my father gave me." I assured them and they all started to look at each other na para bang nag uusap sa pamamagitan ng pagtitinginan. A few seconds later they nodded one by one like agreeing to each other and looked at me with a smile.