Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

“Well Sullivan really pushed me for, what, two months before she got fired? My six pack is gradually turning into a one pack, though,” she said and sighed, frowning. She poked at her stomach.

I rolled my eyes at her with a smile on my face, and decided to help clean up the rest of the plates. “I wonder why.”

“Hey, Alex,” a husky voice sounded behind me, and his feet padded against the tile floor. I smirked as two hands covered my eyes. “Guess who.”

“Hmm. . .” I knew it was Jake, but why not play along, right? “Danielle?”

“Hey! I do not sound like an old man!” Dan exclaimed from the other side of the kitchen. It would be weird if she did sound like an old man. . .

I chuckled at the thought of Dan with an old man voice and replied to Jake. “I don’t know. Can I have a hint?”

“What kind of hint?” he whispered in my ear, making goose bumps erupt all over my body.

“What about that goodnight kiss that I never got?” I took his hands off of my eyes and turned around.

I was practically in awe when I saw him. Bed hair plus sleepy voice plus no shirt can really get a girl drooling. Well, at least when it’s Jake we’re talking about. “That’s good enough for me,” he replied.

My lips curved up as I leaned in, meeting him half way.

“Get a room,” another male voice said. Mason.

I pulled away from Jake before anything even started.

“What was that, man?” Jake asked him.

“Sorry, but you’re just lucky that I stopped it before Lily came in with London and flooded the room with more of her tears,” Mason told him in a low tone of voice. “I don’t exactly like seeing my little cousin all hurt like that. She’s like my sister.”

I smiled. He was just looking out for Lily. “Okay, Mason. Next time, we’ll get a room.”

“Good.” Mason returned his smile with one that was almost as great as Jake’s.

“Well, you two can go eat as much food as you want. Lily made breakfast for everyone,” I told the two of them. "And Jake, you should probably put a shirt on since my parents will be home any minute. Don't need my dad killing you. Your blood would ruin Vicky's floor."

“Hardy-har. Okay, thank you for your very nice warning, We’ll continue this later,” Jake said, winking at me.

I felt the blush spread across my face, but ignored it. Meanwhile, Mason went to go treat Danielle with a good morning kiss. I looked at them plainly and called out, “Get a room!”

Mason chuckled, breaking the kiss, and made his way to the food.