"Yeah, I'm 19," I added. He nodded.

"Nice, I'm 23," he said. I looked back up at him, awkward with the number of times I've changed the directions I've been looking. I knew some things about him, but I never realized how young he truly was.

"Do you go to college?" I asked. He shook his head and looked into the distance, squinting at the white glow of the snow against the sky.

"Nah. I went to Columbia for a bit but it wasn't my jam," He said. I snorted, and he looked down at me with a smile and furrowed brows.

"And you said I was the nerd," I said. He laughed at this and shook his head.

"I don't think that's quite the word that I used," he said, laughing and pointing a finger. I smiled and tucked some hair behind my ear, registering the fact that I just made Timothee Chalamet laugh. Whether it was genuine or fake, it was still an achievement.

"Are you visiting family for Christmas?" He asked. I took in a quiet breath.
"No. Are you?" I asked, deflecting the question back to him. I saw him give me a look but answer anyway.

"Yeah, I'm hanging with my parents. Also, are you cold? You look freezing," He asked, leaning his head down to get a clearer view of my face.

"Pffft. I'm fine, honestly," I said. He didn't look convinced.

"Suit yourself," he said, laughing. His face changed expression again as he stared at me.

"I saw you skating earlier. Do you skate often?" He asked. I wondered what the deal was with all these questions.

"No, that was my first time," I said. He looked surprised.

"Really? You were pretty good," He said. I smiled and looked at him.

"Thanks," I said.

"Got any tips? I've got to go out there in a couple of hours to film the ice skating scene," He said. I chuckled.

"I dunno, just don't fall?" I suggested. He laughed again.

"Great advice, thanks," He said. He looked down at my soaking foot.

"Did you fall on the ice?" He asked. I smiled shamefully.

"Yeah, the ice broke near my foot," I said. He nodded.

"Why'd they send you guys to go test it?" He asked. I chuckled.

"We're interns. We're expendable," I explained. He laughed at this and nudged me.

"Well, you would be missed around here," he said, and I laughed. We settled into silence for a moment as I got the courage to ask a straightforward question.

"So..why are you talking to me? Not that it's a bad thing or that I don't want to talk to you either, but...why?" I asked. He looked down at me as I looked up to meet his gaze. He wasn't that much taller than me but he was tall enough that I had to tilt my head up to see him.

"To be honest...I'm not sure. You just seem interesting. I feel like I just want to get to know you," He said quietly. Now my stomach was erupting in butterflies. He gave his explanation, and although I didn't doubt that he was being honest, my mind still wandered. He noticed my far-off gaze and quickly tried to explain.

"Not like, in a bad way or anything!" He reassured. I smiled and laughed loudly. He looked relieved and relaxed again.

"Well I guess it would be nice to get to know you too," I said thoughtfully. He smiled happily. A door opened and Lilia jumped out of the porta-potty, immediately spotting me and Timothee. Her eyes widened and it took a second for her to regain control of her legs and cautiously walk over to us. I and Timothee watched as she made her way toward us.

"Hey guys," She said suspiciously, shifting her eyes between me and Timothee, then back to me to make wide eyes. I bit my lip to keep from laughing.

"I'm...um.Lilia," She said, stuttering as she held out a hand.

"Nice to meet you," Timothee said, shaking her hand. He flashed her a smile and I just about saw Lilia faint. She blushed and they dropped the handshake. Timothee glanced back at me and then smiled at us.

"Nice talking to you guys. Later," He said, waving and jogging away. I felt the heat from my heat rush to my cheeks as I turned to Lilia. She looked too stunned to speak but managed to find words.

"Alright, what on earth just happened?"