chapter nine

I ran upstairs as my chin trembled. I slammed my room door shut and wrapped my blanket around myself. I turned on a movie.

The next day

I got up and put on a cute outfit because we are almost in Colorado. I grabbed my speaker and started blasting Love Me - Lil Wayne + Drake + Future downstairs in the kitchen. After the song was over I put my speaker back upstairs and we arrived in Colorado. Everyone was awake now. Jack was getting ready for his concert. Bryson was the first opener and then me.

Time skip to my turn on stage

Bryson was getting ready to go off stage and before he left.

"Guys.. welcome Jayde! She's been through a lot this week so try to be nice." Bryson said.

"IS THAT WHY HER AND JACK HAVENT POSTED EACH OTHER?!" A fan yelled out. I laughed.

"They aren't getting along right now.." Bryson said going off stage. I went on stage and smiled at everyone.

"HI JAYDE!" A fan yelled out.

"Hiii! I'm so glad to see everyone here tonight. Safe travels home too after the concert." I said starting my performance.

After my performance

Jack came on stage and stood next to me.

"We have to be honest with you guys because we know you guys are getting mixed signals on her and I." Jack said as earlier we both agreed to tell everyone.

"I've been doing something's behind Jayde's back and I want to apologize to you guys and her for being an asshole. Most best friends or couples don't share this type of information online or in person. Jayde and I hide a lot. I currently have a girlfriend named Kayla. Welcome Kayla in stage!" Jack said wrapping his arm around Kayla. I think everyone could tell I was uncomfortable. I moved over a little bit to give them space.

"Kayla and I have been dating for almost two weeks"

"Yep! He's my one and only!"

Suddenly Bryson ran on stage and put his arm around my neck. He gave Jack a glare and I looked up at him because he is taller than me.

"I don't want to be here anymore" I said tearing up.

"It's okay" He said holding me tighter.

"I can't" I said running off stage. I'm having flashbacks. My dad passed away when I was a kid and my stepdad and mom are divorced. They used to fight all the time and he used to abuse my mom and I. Bryson and Druski are my only friends that know about it. Bryson ran after me. I started breathing heavily. Kayla went off stage and started laughing at me. Bryson ran on stage and told Jack something. Jack and Bryson came back.

"Fuck off Jack" I said leaving. Jack continued on with his show. I went in the tour bus and went to my room. I washed off my makeup and took a shower.

The next tour stop

We arrived in Illinois. Bryson went on first and then I did. After my performance I didn't go off stage yet.

"I have something for all my girls in the crowd" I said smiling. I started singing Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara.

They all started yelling and chanting my name.

"Love you all!" I said walking off stage, waving.