12.It was fun, Now its over.

Start from the beginning

"Fifty bucks!" He smacked his hands together as he sat down on her bed.

"Well now that you have that, me and Lucas will just be outside the bay window for a few minutes." She informed her uncle." Maya keep him company and don't let him leave, do whatever it takes."

"Whoa, whoa there niece." He said getting up from his seat to grab her and tug her back away from Lucas. "I'm still your uncle, your very overprotective uncle. "

"We are just going to talk and the windows are pretty big for us to do anything." She tugged her arm out of his grasp." Besides we aren't-"

"Come on Riley." Lucas mumbled, grabbing her hand and tugged her out of the window. He let go of her hand when he knew she was safely on her feet, he leaned over the railing that kept them safe." I know about the night I was drunk.."

Her eyes widen and she opened her mouth to speak but he turned to look at her for a brief second.

"Let me finish." He bit his lower lip, waiting for her reply but she just nodded; allowing him to go on." I know what I did and it was wrong of me to lead you on in that way, I.. I didn't want to hurt you like that."

"So you don't like me." She questioned disbelief showing in her features." You are so bipolar I can't deal with this." She throw her hands in the air and ran a frustrating hand through her hair." If this was what you wanted to talk to me about, you should've saved yourself the trip, I may be tough and I may have a lot of self respect but there's a line Friar and you crossed it." She felt so stupid for letting him do this to her, why did she keep hoping for things that would end up disappointing her.

"Stop." He ordered her before she could climb back through her window." You didn't let me finish."

"Why should I listen? I'm honestly done getting rejected by you." She spat, looking over her shoulder.

He gripped the railing until his knuckles turned an ashy white." I never said I didn't like you Riley.. I'm just saying that I shouldn't have lead you on when I'm leaving."

She turned to look at him, her breathing stopped for just a second and her heartbeat hammered against her chest."leaving? When? Why..?"

"I'm going to Texas to find my father, there's nothing here for me Riley. Nothing worth staying for and you have Brandon." He confessed and that hit her where it should have never hit her, her heart.

" I think it's best if you leave now." Her words coming out in a whisper, she look down before turning to head back into the room." And if you ever come near me again Lucas, I promise you that I will ask my father to send me to boarding school in pairs."

"Wait!" He shouted, stepping towards her." Why are you upset? What did I do?" Confusion lacing his voice.

"Bye Lucas Friar." She disappeared into her room before closing it behind her, she felt hurt, numb and broken. She wasn't paying attention to her uncle and Maya locking lips." Oh my god.." Her eyes widen in surprise.

They jumped apart and Maya looked everywhere but at her friend." He.. Uh... He tried to leave so I freaked out and I kissed him.." She looked around for a moment." Where's Lucas?"

Josh was still smiling sheepishly while they talked." I kicked him out." Riley shrugged, sitting on her bed as her eyes locked onto lap. Her eyes becoming glassy with threatening tears." I would like to be left alone you two, I still need to get that image of you two kissing out of my head." She kept her voice in a whisper in hopes that it wouldn't breath.

Maya stared at her friend for a second and decided against asking her what was wrong."I'll see you later." She murmured, dragging Josh with her. She would get the answer to it from Lucas anyway." See you around uncle boing."

"That's it? No, call me later?"

"It was fun, now it's over." She shrugged as she left the apartment in search of a Ranger Rick, that needed to explain what the hell happened.
-

"Why did I fucking tell her I had feeling for her if she was just going to throw me out like that." Lucas snapped at Maya, punching the wall near Riley's building." I was so stupid to have listened to you." He glowered over at his friend that was looking at him with an amused look on her face." This isn't funny hart."

"What did you tell her?" Maya questioned, lifting her hands in surrender. She couldn't help the smile off her face, it wasn't that this was funny, well it was but it was the first time she'd seen him so worked up over a girl.

"Well I told her that I was leaving and that I shouldn't have lead her on like that if I was going to leave." He rubbed his knuckles that were bruised." And she asked me why I was leaving.."

"What else did ya tell her babe?"

"I told her that there was nothing worth staying for." He rubbed the back of his neck." There's nothing wrong with anything I said and she just kicked me out."

"You did what?" She shrieked before she hit his chest." Not wonder she kicked you out, you insensitive prick."

"What did I do? Are all you girls this crazy because I'm leaving? I know I'm the best thing that's happened to some of you but I have to go."

"Don't flatter yourself Sundance, you basically told her that she wasn't worth staying for." She snapped as she turned to head to the airport." Now let's go before your plane leaves you dumb ass, I need to come back and be there for Riley."

No he hadn't.. He just told her that there was nothing for him here, Nothing as in nothing important, nothing special but she was special because he liked her. Shouldn't she be worth staying for? But what was the point anymore? He had messed up again and she threatened to go to boarding school if he came near her again.

--

Okay guys, I know a cliffhanger but I mean, sorry. So next chapter will be a time jump to a month, this is because well, you'll see next chapter anyways I put a little Joshaya in there for you.

25+ comments and 30 votes for the next one. Please do not spam my comments because I count your comment as one.