PROLOGUE

жернзя     
PROLOGUE
Some days I wish that i was never made
I wish that my body wouldn't take the energy from my core
and that my body would burn to a crisp from all the energy.
If I never lived, I wouldn't have to go through everything that I did.
   ......
    But unfortunately, I'm alive
Some Days I Want To Die

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|| TIME: 0300 HRS|
|DPT OF SCIENCE||

Silence. That's all I could hear at first, then I could make out voices. I could only hear them, but their words were unfamiliar to me... where am I?

"He's awake" a male voice said to someone in the room, i could feel a cold metal surface under me. I opened my eyes, but it was all black. I could see objects and figures in the darkness but they were only slowly coming into focus.

I blinked and the world swam in front of my eyes and came into focus in seconds. I could see gray and black and flashing lights and people - wait, people? 'Where am I? Who am I?' I looked around and took in the things I could see; Wires, metal, and computer screens, and a big tank.

"Can you hear us?" A man with brown hair and a small patch of facial hair on his chin said in my direction. 'He can talk... Can I talk?' I opened my mouth but all that came out were strangled sounds, like metal on metal and strange beeping. The man looked at me in shock and seemed upset. "His voice box seems to be damaged by that fire. 'Fire? That's not good' I tilt my head in curiosity.

The man looks at me and draws his eyebrows together. "Can you hear me?" he asks again. I nod my head and point to my throat,as if asking what's wrong. The man looked shocked again but pleased. "Dr. Elefun! '' he yelled to an old looking man, "He can hear us!" The old man, Dr. Elefun, rushed over and looked at me in wonder. "He works?" "Yes, isn't this great? This is probably our most advanced robot yet, we should introduce him to Toby soon." he said looking at Elefun.

I tilt my head to the side and look around and see the floor not too far from my feet, which look normal but completely bare. I look at myself and see that I'm not wearing anything at all. I'm butt naked. I started laughing a bit at the fact that I'm not wearing anything, but my laugh sounds distorted and weird.

The doctors look at me then at each other, and back up to talk quietly. I could hear them though, But I chose not to listen. Instead, I'm going to walk, well, try to. As they were talking about my responsiveness, I sat up and got off the table. As soon as my feet hit the ground, my knees almost buckled. They didn't though!

I put my right foot in front of the left and then put my left foot in front of my right and continued from there. It was slow and tedious but I was eventually in the center of the room looking up at a patch of sky. I can hear Dr. Elefun and the strange man talking. 'I wonder if I have a name?'

"Ok, bill we can- uh,bill, where's the droid?" I heard Dr. Elefun say. 'I guess that the strange man's name is Bill.' I thought as I was captivated by the little white dots in that patch of sky.

"w-what?!" I could hear him turn around and look at where I was last, but I'm not there anymore...I wonder if I could touch the patch of lights and sky?  "Where did he go?! He was right here and he can't walk yet... Can he?!" I could hear the desperation in his voice as he was probably talking to Dr. Elefun.

I heard shuffling and turned and saw Bill looking at me. I just stared at him and then looked at the sky again, the grey things were moving. ‘What's the white orb doing in the sky?’